News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Well, this is embarrassing...

Started by jackhart1967, May 15, 2022, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhart1967

Hi all,

Realized (today) that since I had to do a manual install of ffvt3r that most of my various tools for the game aren't pointed at the game at all.

So, when I go into FFEDIT I'm assuming that all the pre-filled file location drop boxes aren't connecting where they should be.

Next problem is; I don't know what folders it wants or needs.

Anyone wanna walk me through the whole setting up of the primary data path, & the secondary data path, & all the rest of that first series of drop-downs?

kidnasty

C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data
C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data
C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Art
C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Sounds
C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3rEdit.exe
C:\Windows\Notepad.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Lang\English

That should do it, you may need to change your data paths.

oktokels

You may want to change the primary "data" folder name to the name of the mod you are occupying. That way you don't mess with the game files and only change your own .dat files.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\*modname*

jackhart1967

Thanks guys,

but for now, I'm just trying to set FFEdit up so it works with FFX3

I have the file paths changed to my version of ffvt3r now (since it's not in the Irrational Games folder) and all the stuff for ffvt3r now populates as I change tabs on top.

But there is no "data" file in my FFX3 folder, & I don't see the exe. for it either.

So how do I point FFEdit at FFX3?

kidnasty

The .dat files are in  the \ffx3 root folder?  Are they not?  If so, then that should be your primary data path. 

Hope this helps.

Which .exe FFEDIT?  That should be in ffvt3r root folder. 

oktokels

Quote from: jackhart1967 on May 16, 2022, 06:57:55 PM
Thanks guys,

but for now, I'm just trying to set FFEdit up so it works with FFX3

I have the file paths changed to my version of ffvt3r now (since it's not in the Irrational Games folder) and all the stuff for ffvt3r now populates as I change tabs on top.

But there is no "data" file in my FFX3 folder, & I don't see the exe. for it either.

So how do I point FFEdit at FFX3?

C:\...\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\FFX3

oktokels

My mod is called MOD8 (A copy of ffx3)
I have FFX2 (another copy of FFX3) as a secondary path

jackhart1967

So, I believe I have all the paths entered correctly now and all of the tabs across the top populate, except for the missions tab where everything is still greyed out.

I'm guessing it should populate as well?

oktokels

Quote from: jackhart1967 on May 17, 2022, 07:37:04 PM
So, I believe I have all the paths entered correctly now and all of the tabs across the top populate, except for the missions tab where everything is still greyed out.

I'm guessing it should populate as well?
No, the mission tab has its own file explorer. It's supposed to be greyed.  :cool:

jackhart1967

Whew, ok then. That's sorted. Lets see what I can screw up next. Thanks for the assist, as always. You're a champ.