News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Explosive Punch fx?

Started by jackhart1967, May 14, 2022, 05:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhart1967

Hi all,

Way back in the day there was an explosive punch fx for FF, it was basically just the explosive plasma cannon fx that the little Alien guys shoot, but converted for melee.

Now that I have my ffvt3r working w/ FFX3 again, I noticed that the plasma cannon fx is working again, but I don't have a version of it for melee. Is there one out there for ffvt3r?

oktokels

You could copy the plasma cannon fx folder and rename it plasma cannon_melee or something like that. You then add that new fx to FFEDIT, copying an existing melee fx and renaming it plasma cannon_melee and linking it to the folder you created.

You should change the order of start.nif, core.nif (projectile) or end.nif according to your preference. Renaming core.nif to end.nif will place the plasma projectile fx at the end animation of the melee attack.

jackhart1967

Ha

You are determined to get me using FFEDIT!

Is an fx the easiest place to start?

I was looking at customizing the private army attribute in the FFX manual and even that seemed a bit daunting.

I'm not even using FFEDIT on the maps I install. If it doesn't work without FFEDIT I just remove it.

oktokels

Quote from: jackhart1967 on May 15, 2022, 05:50:53 AM
Is an fx the easiest place to start?

I use ffedit mostly (And almost only) for adding new fx to the game, so yes. Even if you receive a explosive_punch_fx from somwhere else, you would still need ffedit to add that fx to the game.  :ph34r:

SickAlice

I was just going to say exactly what oktokels said. I'm fairly certain all the original was was a renamed FX. And it's very easy. Go to the FX tab, select explosive plasma_cannon_fx, go the bottom of the Tab and hit Copy, Rename to explosive_punch_fx, change it melee type and change the contact points then Save. That's it. Personally I would just look at any other punch/melee FX and swipe the Node points from it to save time.