News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FF maps for ffvt3r?

Started by jackhart1967, May 12, 2022, 11:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhart1967

Is there a (super) easy way to convert FF maps for ffvt3r?

detourne_me

Renegade had a method for using FF maps in FFvTTR, If I remember correctly, he set up a different folder called area_speciff1 instead of area_specific, and all of the map assets were housed there. maybe if you look at a larger mo, like Benton's Marvel or DC mods he used that method for older maps.

jackhart1967

Thanks, I'll try that.

I should add that all the ds_maps for ffvt3r that I've managed to track down (and you made those didn't you?) are kinda the inspiration for my map quest. I remember a lot of the maps that you made for FF and every time I run across one I wish I could repurpose it for ffvt3r.

Anyway, thanks for hours of bashing stuff in both games on your great maps.

Are you still making them? 

GogglesPizanno

I cant believe its been ~14 years, but  the FF1 map-pack I released way back in the day is a conversion of almost all the available FF1 maps at the time (~100+ of em).
Benton used it as the map base for a lot of his mods. He can probably tell you more about integrating and using it at this point than i can.

You can download it here:
http://gpwarehouse.freedomforceforever.com/

jackhart1967

Thanks Pizanno!

Now if I can just figure out why FFX3 is the only Mod I've ever tried to install in ffvt3r that actually works.

Damnit.

spydermann93

Is it something with your mod's shortcuts?

Like, do the mods just not run for you?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: jackhart1967 on May 13, 2022, 01:26:30 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

I should add that all the ds_maps for ffvt3r that I've managed to track down (and you made those didn't you?) are kinda the inspiration for my map quest. I remember a lot of the maps that you made for FF and every time I run across one I wish I could repurpose it for ffvt3r.

Anyway, thanks for hours of bashing stuff in both games on your great maps.

Are you still making them?

I made all the DS maps. Detourne_Me makes wonderful mesh Skopes.

Dana

hmarrs

May I ask what dsmaps are

SickAlice

Quote from: hmarrs on May 31, 2022, 07:31:51 PM
May I ask what dsmaps are

They're just maps. "DS" is Dana aka cmdrkoenig67's signature, like Morse.
Same way I use SA for a short version of my own handle.
Texas Jack = TJ, Detourne_Me = DM, Grenadier = Gren, Tommyboy = T (TV for Tom Versatile), Tomato = TOM, Renegade = Ren, Laughing Paradox = LP, Cyberburn = CB, Courtnall6 = C6, Beyonder = BYD, Johnny Patches = JP, Podmark = POD, Windblown = WB, Randomdays = RD, Death's Jester = DJ, AfghanAnt = AA, so on.
These are just ways to have shorter filenames and a note so anyone in the community knows who to ask questions to or permissions if need be.

hmarrs

cmdrkoenig67

Yeah, the DS just indicates my name D for for my first, Dana and S for my last (I probably should have used CK, like my screen name, but alas, I did not, LOL!). :)

Dana

isais1

its been many years since i played. How do you install new maps for FFvtTR?
Whats Up

Randomdays

Not up on it too much at the moment myself but;

If you install FFX, there's a map pack for it that adds about 160 maps

FFX is here;

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=61204.msg834788#msg834788

and the map pack is here;

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60334.msg824074;topicseen#msg824074