News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

All Is Darkness...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, April 15, 2022, 05:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

My recent tech issue is my computer screen...it died on me. It?s nothing you guys can help me with, but it?s kept me from working on my Mod projects and everything else for two months now (I?m typing this on my phone, of course as it?s the only internet that I have...LOL! Wait, should I laugh or cry?). Anyway, I?ll buy a new screen soon and a new computer tower too (I hope) and transfer everything and I?ll be good to go.

Wish me luck in finding something affordable (darn medical bills!)! LOL!

Best,

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

I?ll ask this again too, while I?m here...does anybody know why my apostrophes come up as ? Marks? I can?t seem to correct them either. Weird.

Dana

WyldFyre

Perhaps the Riddler has hacked your phone?
For Freedom!

oktokels

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on April 15, 2022, 06:00:17 PM
I?ll ask this again too, while I?m here...does anybody know why my apostrophes come up as ? Marks? I can?t seem to correct them either. Weird.

Dana

I think that's a problem with the config of the forum itself. Seems like it accept only certain types of keyboard charsets, that is why it replaces certain signs with others. I'm having the same problem too.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: WyldFyre on April 16, 2022, 03:51:32 AM
Perhaps the Riddler has hacked your phone?

LOL!  Could be.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: oktokels on April 17, 2022, 02:30:49 PM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on April 15, 2022, 06:00:17 PM

Dana

I think that's a problem with the config of the forum itself. Seems like it accept only certain types of keyboard charsets, that is why it replaces certain signs with others. I'm having the same problem too.

Ah thanks, Oktokels.

Dana

Epimethee

Yeah, the forum only accepts characters from the old basic character set, which includes the straight/fake/typewriter-style apostrophes. Nowaday, many browsers and OSes automatically replace these abominations as you type by typographically correct curly ones.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

cmdrkoenig67

I have a new screen for my desktop computer (I borrowed my mom?s, since she doesn?t use her desktop computer much, anymore...she mostly uses her tablet or laptop to play games on). So I?m back working on my mod stuff.

Dana