News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Searching for Freedom Reborn

Started by Randomdays, January 06, 2022, 10:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

When I'm at work and want to check out the forums, and don't have bookmarks or anything, I usually do a search for the forums and then click on the link.

For Google that still works fine. But for Yahoo and Bing, doing a search for "Freedom Reborn" or variants of that brings up... nothing. You get hits for the steam forums, Alex's site, and the Greylands, but nothing for the forum itself, even putting in my screen name or one of the other member's name with it.

You do get some hits under images of the some of the pics on the site that will take you here.

This just changed recently as I never had a problem before. I'm at home now and the problem persists, so its not a work "censor" of some kind.

Panther_Gunn

I just tested with Bing, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go, and Google (in a browser I typically don't use for FR), and Google was the only one that listed the board, even when searching for "freedom reborn forums" or "freedom reborn freedom force".

A little searching shows that Bing & Yahoo use the same lists, and creating an account in Bing's webmaster tools (https://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster) should take care of both of them.

DuckDuckGo may have something similar, but I couldn't find it quickly.

I'll flag my post so Stumpy might see it sooner than typical forum browsing.  He might have better insight into it, as well.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

stumpy

I will take a look at this. DuckDuckGo says it uses other engine's indices as it's starting point, which I assume will mean Bing/Yahoo! I will look into how to get FR into Bing's list. It looks like I will have to add some XML to FR to help the search engines' crawlers.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Randomdays

Strange thing was searching had no problem finding the forums up until a few days ago.

Epimethee

Yeah, DuckDuckGo uses Bing's crawler.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com