News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

OKTO'S FXs

Started by oktokels, January 01, 2022, 02:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

Hello and happy new year,
Here i will be posting some FX that i've been modifying. This includes, recoloring and replacing textures from FXs that were created by others or present in the game. I've managed to get some interesting results that i would like to share, if that's ok with everybody.

First, i'd like to start with a fear_gas_FX for scarecrow:

Spoiler

The process for making this FX was relatively simple. I just replaced an existing "spark_" texture with a really creepy face that i took from a scarecrow comic image and placed it in the end.nif file of "green_genie_gas" FX that was in the game. The source image is here:

And the FX (nifs and textures), can be downloaded from here. There are 3 end.nif in the rar file, the other 2 are the originals from the game.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wb1snsfjpb8e9jl/gas_pellet_fear.rar/file

Randomdays

Very nice as always. Always something neat and useful.

The only complaint I have is that when I've tried to download some of your older work, the links are dead already.

Can we get some re-ups on the hero files, meshes, etc?

If you need something more permanent, maybe someone could host? There's plenty of room om the megasite I use, or you could start your own site if you know what you're doing.

oktokels

Quote from: Randomdays on January 01, 2022, 04:38:00 PMCan we get some re-ups on the hero files, meshes, etc?

Yes, i'm working on a re-release of my hero files, with new and improved powers and fx.  But, it'll be a while before i upload all of them, so for now if you need something uploaded, just ask and i'll work on that. I'll think about uploading them to a site or something like that, your idea is interesting.

windblown

That's a very cool FX for the Scarecrow :thumbup: