News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

NIF convert problem

Started by abenavides, December 03, 2021, 03:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

I was trying to convert a mesh to ffv3r using ez hero and it runs but I get no new file at the end.
Have definitely used this many times before without a problem.

Thinking it might be an ez hero bug, I tried to do it manually using irrational's nifonvert.exe at a command prompt. (Ez hero just calls this to do its conversion)

Still no luck.
Could be something weird on my PC. But is this working for everyone? either ez hero or manual?
(I'm on win 10 64 bit btw)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Randomdays

No idea Alex, but its easy enough to do in Blender. Let me know if you  need it done that way.

Tomato

Is it a skoped mesh, or one exported using default converters? If the former, its a bug with the skope. I made a tutorial on how to fix it awhile ago, but i dont know where that'd be now.

Edit: RD's method might be easier than fixing it with my tutorial tbh. My method involves manually fixing errors, but using niftools importers bypasses that entirely

abenavides

Thx to you both. It is an old scope, so that could be it.
I will try to convert another mesh I know works. and thx for the offer, RD, I'll let you know if I need your help with a few blender conversions.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

That was indeed the problem. EZHero convert works fine with other meshes.

RD, let me work through some files and send you a few to convert if you could (probably won't be for a week or so)
www.alexff.com