News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The X Mod - updated

Started by abenavides, November 17, 2021, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

One of the things I'd planned to do last year , was put together a basic FFv3R mod base I could use for new work.
I mainly want to finish my JLA mod someday (yeah, it could happen!) and this was a step along the way.

As usually happens with me, I get wrapped up with other things : work, baseball gaming, heroclix, music and I don't finish. But I do eventually circle back (and thankfully I leave myself good notes so I can figure out what i was doing)

I've established a modbase (mainly it's FFX 3.3 but I've got a bunch of fx for EZFX62 which I haven't released yet, as well as an improved launcher for mods using vbscript)

The FF Classic mod (v8) is using this already and now I've started converting my old X Mod from 2003. Mostly because GOG version of FF doesn't ant to run on my PC right now. (Steam does work)
The conversion has much easier than I thought it would be. I've got the basic stuff running now and am doing some improvements: new title art, adjusting sound volumes, and some new UI art.

Hopefully releasable in the near future - though I think I need some playtesting of the 30 or so levels.
And it gets me 1 step closer to finishing the JLA mod.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

That's incredibly exciting, Alex! Super excited to see where this all goes.

BentonGrey

Neat!  This sounds like something quite useful.  And you know how excited am I am to see your JLA mod!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

Great News! Big fan of your work  :thumbup:

Borgaster

Fantastic , we need that the modders come back to create mods for this game because is the best. But i understand that the people that created the mods in the past now have many things for doing in your real life. If i had talent and don't have many things to do in my real life too i would try to create mods for this game twenty four hours a day.