News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pyramid Mesh

Started by oktokels, October 27, 2021, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

Does anybody know if there is any pyramid looking mesh? With keyframes?
Or something that looks like a crystal?
I'm trying to set up minions that are like cosmic crytals that follow the hero around.
Something like this:

Thanks  :thumbup:

Randomdays

Making a basic pyramid should be easy enough to do, or multiples. What kind of kfs are you thinking of?

oktokels

Quote from: Randomdays on October 28, 2021, 12:04:44 AM
Making a basic pyramid should be easy enough to do, or multiples. What kind of kfs are you thinking of?

Hmmm....Just hover and a area and range attack. I guess i could just copy any keyframe, like the batwing one, but i don't know if that would work.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I'd think that'd be super simple, and the Batwing keys would be about perfect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

I don't know much about making 3d models or anything like that guys, i'm slowly learning, but in the meantime if anyone have any pyramid mesh let me know.  :lol:

SickAlice

It would take me a couple minutes but  :ff: or  :ffvstr:? I don't do content for  :ff:, sorry. I don't have it set up on my system. Aside the art side which is nothing (a pyramid with all sides mapped fixed as a static to a nif that doesn't have wobble) the follow stuff is script, not my area. Pretty sure that's AI or something, I know others here can help you with that.

Randomdays

If SA doesn't get it, let me know. I can do either FF game.

I'm thinking that maybe rigging it to a shortened kf of male swimmer for a bobbing effect.

Or, maybe attaching it to one of the Red Tornado's or Texas Twister armature for them spinning in a circle.

oktokels

Quote from: SickAlice on October 28, 2021, 04:15:47 AM
It would take me a couple minutes but  :ff: or  :ffvstr:?

Its for  :ffvstr: , i don't have  :ff: either  :doh:

Quote from: Randomdays on October 28, 2021, 09:56:35 AM
attaching it to one of the Red Tornado's or Texas Twister armature for them spinning in a circle.

oooh that sounds cool !  :o 
I could use your help guys, if it's not much problem.   :lol:

Just for some context, this is the shape and the size of the pyramoids. I just need the mesh, i can work on the skin, glow and reflection with no problem. Thanks !! :thumbup:

p.s. Maybe in this comic panel the pyramoids are depicted too small for the game, just hand sized. Maybe the size should be like a head, to be able to see them easily in-game.

Randomdays

You might want to look at one of DC Mr. Terrific's meshes - I think one of his has his spheres following him around.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/522276888031255979/

As SA said, it would be easy to set up the basics. Any particular number of pyramids you'd want? You could set it up for a particular number, like 6, and then delete some in nifskope to get the number down.

You could attach it to the nif, or make it a separate nif that would have to use scripting to interact with the character and follow (if that could be done).

For a separate nif, Texas Twister is a little slower then Red tornado , and the whole body spins, so that would be good for that. For attached and spinning, then probably Red Tornado. Their might be others out there, but those are the only ones I can thing of at the moment

For static then any nif/kf as SA also said.

oktokels

:o :o A lot of options there, but i was thinking that these pyramids should be separate, because they work as minions. Each pyramid should have their own powers and attributes, so i'm treating them as separate characters that would be summoned to the battle through the Private Army attribute.  :lol:

SickAlice

Tell you what I'll just toss one together tonight and if anyone wants to gloss it up after the fact feel free. Just a basic that is a separate character with a pyramid with all three sides mapped. Myself I would add the twinkle effect from the frost character in this game but I'm not up for doing those keyframes. And sorry I'm late in reply, I'm down with a cold and was doing a bit of other chores/working on Shriek.

oktokels

Quote from: SickAlice on October 29, 2021, 11:50:19 PM
Tell you what I'll just toss one together tonight and if anyone wants to gloss it up after the fact feel free. Just a basic that is a separate character with a pyramid with all three sides mapped. Myself I would add the twinkle effect from the frost character in this game but I'm not up for doing those keyframes. And sorry I'm late in reply, I'm down with a cold and was doing a bit of other chores/working on Shriek.

Thank you SickAlice, no worries. I'm trying to get my Blender software up to date to be able to learn a little more about this, because i know in the future i'll need another basic shape and i hate to be an inconvenience to other people. So, many thanks if you can take the time to do this, even if you take a month to do it i'll still appreciate it.  :lol:

SickAlice

Making a basic pyramid while I'm already in the process of making a complicated model isn't an inconvenience. Doing this is how I relax once I wrapped the day before going to sleep and/or how I ride out when I'm in bed sick. So it's pretty much a favor to me. I mean think of it this way, we do this stuff of our own free wills here. If we didn't want to do it we wouldn't be here in the first place right? So there's no reason to express guilt over wanting anyone to make something they already want to make, yeah?

And side note I recommend a softer more flexible program for the 3d model stuff than Blender. My mainstay is Milkshape, it was made specifically for create mod resources for the PS1 era games but you know there's plenty others. Blender is great but when it comes to creation of basic models it isn't very cozy and personally I only use it for it's special features later on models and to be able save formats. Just my thought on that, workflow is easier when your workstation is less cluttered more or less as far as I'm concerned.

oktokels

Cool !  :D As a side note, i've been using the skeets_tvlite mesh as a replacement for the pyramids. Skeets_tvlite is a small robot that hovers around, is the perfect size and has the right keyframes. My plan was to transform it to a pyramid, given that it has all the right characteristics, except for the shape.  :doh:

SickAlice

Alright. An hour or so yet then so I can update to skeets_tvlite and shrink it a little. Most that is my cabin in the woods bad internet connection so it takes awhile to upload things by the way, I have skeets already open in the other window and the pyramid going in, I was just giving it a wireframe and a texture base.

Two things while I'm here just so someone said this I guess. There's nothing wrong with requesting stuff here, ever as far I'm concerned. This is a forum for requesting things for Freedom Force games specifically. I wasn't really around for awhile but I lurked about here and there and I know sometimes some people can impress others with maybe frustrations say about making requests right? But that doesn't really change the fact and I'm saying to anyone reading this that this forum right here is a place for doing exactly.

It don't matter if any of you type a list with seven hundred requests on it, and really more power to you if you have the patience to do that but just so this is clear there is no expectation otherwise as there is no expectation for anyone to contribute or learn any level of the processes here. Just try and enjoy yourself and be in good company. At least this is my opinion on that and I've been in this community in one place or another for almost as long as this game has been published, so about two decades. In fact as expectation goes there's still areas I have yet to learn zilch about and it is for no other reason than I just didn't get around to it.  :pumpkin-sad: (I can't find the shrug emoticon so I'll just use this one because I like it and being the season and all).

And like I was saying, I make stuff for this game. I make a lot of stuff actually life and repair things too, it's my hobby. So asking me to do something I'm already doing? No sweat, Brett! Of course you know whether a person gets it done at a certain time or to certain expectations? Well that's a whole different thing of course. But you know, there are no stupid questions as they say. Asking is the only way we end up knowing.

So yeah back to it, see ya in hour with a skeets_pyramid_thing to dl. Keep the seat warm please.

SickAlice

Pyramid is done and up over in the Releases section. Sorry it took a little longer, having some site issues still and I might of made a ton of textures for it for fun. You can go ahead and delete those of course.

oktokels

Yahoo, that's perfect SickAlice, you are a legend !!!  :thumbup:

For anyone interested, the pyramoids hero file will be added to the next update in my Hero Files thread.

Cheers and thanks for everything !!!  :wub:

ps. lmao at babies_1st_pyramid  :D

SickAlice

Glad you liked it. I have no idea where that baby thing came from. I was probably tired and a little loopy. I like making the more glossy ones though and I like playing with seamless textures. Well when they actually work of course, when they don't line up that's a world of frustration.