News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Shriek skopes?

Started by Jimaras8, October 01, 2021, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Hello folks, does any of you have anyShriek meshes/skopes since the yahoo groups have been snapped by Thanos? Here is a pci for eference.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLjWuAkAAJjcP41eBM5iOwGwUQnMV8XeT-IhpGD3gkRwl1-_4xhMgh0QBZTsF5ojJirMc&usqp=CAU

SickAlice

If no one else gets to it when I'm finished with my other stuff I'm game to make her a mesh. I have a thing for making sure all Spider-man characters end up in game proper and she fits the bill.

Jimaras8

I would appreciate that SA but i dont want to put you through the trouble. I dont have the megalist anymore so i cant check if there is an existing skope for her.

SickAlice

It wouldn't be trouble. She's pretty straightforward. Also I'm working on Spider-man stuff currently anyways and have downtime right now. When I do stuff my method is I work on multiple things at a time.

Randomdays

Hey Jim,

The megalist;

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=48991.30

Check about halfway down for CB's post for different versions of the list.

Also, I have a list in progress of what I have. Not complete either, but its at 5000+ and growing. Checking my list and my files I don't have Shriek, or remember seeing her anywhere.

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60643.0

RD

Jimaras8

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the help. I will check the list RD. SA, if you are up to it i would be happy to put her in the latest version of the MA. I grew up with 90s spider-man comics so she was one of the first villains i saw.

SickAlice

I'm more than up to it and partly for the exact same reason. Not my first comic book but the ones that got me into it seriously was Spider-man. Short story my bf and I each bought three of the Last Hunt issues with chore money from an Open Pantry and shared the books and it cascaded from there. So onto Maximum Carnage eventually of course and Shriek. So yeah, same as Spider-mobile, filling out the ASM characters for my site is a given with me. She's going to be pretty simple since her animations are straightforward.

SickAlice

Starting it now. I think I picked a model with good animations. She's going to be a snap to do. Her costume designs were recycled from other Spider-Man characters that I already made so I can get away with recycling my own models for this one. I also made the base for it while working on something else so all I have to really do is just put it all together.

Edit: Almost done. A little lapse, I had work day. For me that either entails farm type manual labor for the day or a few hundred miles of travel, the latter was today. A lot to do as we close the season out. No matter it means my hobby time diminishes/I'm wiped out. Just to note since I hadn't asked I assumed the Maximum Carnage look and went with that. I also added her Shrieking costume since it's notable. I did not add the Ultimate Animated nor her new film appearance. Both were out of a lack of reference material on my end. I couldn't find any images that show what the backside of her animated costume look like and I haven't seen the Venom sequel yet. Just so I let you know in case. Else I just have to finish the leg restraints, the armwings and the Shrieking texture. Lastly I'm adding her signature eye crackle effect to ranged animations. Should be a few days since manual animation editing takes up a bit of time.

Jimaras8

Take as much as you want SA, there is no rush. Im trying to figure out her fx anyway, im thinking more of dark sonic fxs since i already have banshee, siryn, lady lark and klaw with traditional blue color sonic fxs.

oktokels

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 28, 2021, 08:42:09 AM
Take as much as you want SA, there is no rush. Im trying to figure out her fx anyway, im thinking more of dark sonic fxs since i already have banshee, siryn, lady lark and klaw with traditional blue color sonic fxs.
She has some kind of energy beams that shoots from her hands:

Here's Shriek using her sonic powers from spiderman the animated series. (note that her eye starts to glow)

SickAlice

I left a suggestion actually on a note in the directory. I used one in Alex's pack myself (aff_xbeam_yellow) that to me looks just like what I read in Maximum Carnage/Shrieking when I was young and just changed the node assignment in the Editor. You're standard hand rotation type of thing and made a copy for each hand (I chose a blaster type keyframe set so she has a lot of right and left options). Else she's done, I'm just doing the copy and paste work for the keyframes for the eye effect I made. That's the always the part that holds up releases on my end. So figure a day or two from me.

SickAlice

Okay my friend Shriek is up and the link over in the releases section of this site. That was fun, I grew up with that character and Maximum Carnage was an early comic book experience for me. This took me back in time and I did listen to Green Jelly's soundtrack to the game while I worked on it to get the mood down. I did manage to get the eye effect in, in fact I got lucky the whole way through and didn't have any resistance with any of this. I didn't manage to pull off her sort of flight/rocketing maneuver. There were some animations that looked like I could work with them but it just came out awful looking. And then the problem with getting an FX on their afterward. Though I recall (I think) she used that move a total of once and not to a very great effect, I think it might of been recycled by a few Spider-man blaster characters like The Shocker for instance. Anyways I hope this looks okay. I also as stated included a suggestion for FX, personally I thought they looked very close to what was in those old comics and I had matched that eye effect to the color scheme of the standard yellow beam FX in this game.

Jimaras8

Thanks a lot for all the effort and time SA. I have some health ossues currently but i woll definitely check her out.

Much appreciated   :thumbup: :thumbup:

SickAlice

I get the health issue thing, no need to explain to me. My own kicked into high gear itself and I was down for the count this week. Wandering around now figuring out what chores I neglected and have to catch up on. And np and again this was fun for me too, I grew up with those same comics. I was actually surprised this wasn't already done. Also when I researched here what a lack of reference material there is. You would think she would have had a Handbook turnaround, the rest of the characters on panel with her did nope. She just sort of was looked over. Speaking of Demogoblin at some point from me though a matter of when. It's been sitting on my drive unfinished since I made a few goblins years ago. I remember I just hated working with particle emitters then, I'm not fond of tongues for that matter and it lead to me stalling on it. I'm more comfortable now working with all that, even reached the point were I figured out how to do mouths and teeth and such so I can probably try and push it out this season yet. I still haven't seen the new Venom by the way, time constraints and such. I'm only now just at the point where I'm debating buying Shang-Chi to watch so it's probably going to be awhile before I get to the Venom one. Anyways hope you have fun with it, I think it looked it okay in game and I usually don't feel that about my own releases.

Jimaras8

I hope we oth feel better in the coming weeks  :D. Again, i really appreciate the effort and i will have her in the next MA for everyone to play. I havent seen Venom buti saw Shang-chi today and it was reall fun. It aint The Winter Sodier or IifnityWar bu is top 10 MCU for me. I hope you enjoy it if you come around seeing it  :thumbup:

SickAlice

I'm not feeling better but better than I was so I'll take it but cheers to that. And I'm sure I'll enjoy it. If it has comic book or video game stuff in it it could be the worst production value but I'll still have a soft spot for it.

SickAlice

Finally watched Shang-Chi. It's snowing now so I have work to do but I managed to squeeze it in. Pretty much eye candy and Spielbergian though I can deal with that. I liked the mystical animals and think of could just shown more.