News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

spawn in a character

Started by bungs2001, September 18, 2021, 11:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bungs2001

Hello

Was wondering if there was a command console and if you can spawn in a character mid battle on m25 watch mode ? :thumbup: :thumbup:

stumpy

Quote from: bungs2001 on September 18, 2021, 11:03:52 PMHello

Was wondering if there was a command console and if you can spawn in a character mid battle on m25 watch mode ? :thumbup: :thumbup:
There are a few ways to spawn an object. You have to know the template of the object you want to spawn and you have to know the location or a marker of the position where you want the spawn to show up. The easiest command to use is just spawn(name, template, position), if you have FFX installed. That command is slightly more flexible in what position can be. It can even just be a hero in the player's squad, and the new character will be spawned at that hero's position. For example, if you enter at the console
spawn('liberty_lad', 'liberty_lad', 'hero_1')
then Liberty Lad (the starting version) will spawn at the position of (usually) the first squad member. I don't recall if you have to do anything specific in m25 watch mode to make sure the new character's AI is active. I think it is active by default, but you might have to enable it, which could be done using enable() (e.g. enable('liberty_lad') at the console).
It's slightly more complicated if you are looking to spawn HERO file characters, since they don't have standard templates. The options there may depend on whether you are playing FF or FFvTTR.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

bungs2001

Hi Stumpy

Thank you for the response thats really handy to know. i was just thinking out of the box a bit, so will give it a try. I was interested in hero files spawning (sorry i didn't make that very clear at all in my original post  :doh:). I play ffvttr :-).

Thank you for taking the time to respond its much appreciated.

stumpy

You might try js.new(name, position), where name is the character's template name or the hero file name and position is a tuple representing the position where the character is to spawn. I am pretty sure that works in FFvTTR, though I don't have it installed at the moment to confirm.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

SickAlice

I know a summoner trick I found by accident, sort of a bug and not sure if it helps you any. So you make a map and you put the character itself in the map that will be summoned/spawned. I put it in some place where it isn't visible and the character can't go anywhere. In my test I made a tiny enclosed character sized room inside one of the walls. Then when the character summon command is issued the character will "teleport" thought the player won't actually see that happen and suddenly be in the room running about. This was a workaround I used for the character summon bug.