News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Just the basics

Started by SaneCharlie, August 09, 2021, 01:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaneCharlie

I've just started getting into skinning for  :ffvstr:, and I've run into the slight snag that my art skills are...not great. Fortunately a lot of the work has already been done, unfortunately some of it is very hard to find now.
I was looking for a couple of skins that I hoped might help me along:

1) Gryphon's Male_Belt base skin, as mentioned in this tutorial

2) a female equivalent, if anyone knows of one

3) a basic male mesh (along the lines of NoCapeMan) with eyes, but no nose or mouth.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Randomdays

Welcome to the forums!

While not great, practice could help, and you have to start somewhere. I still can't skin after years being here.

I ought to be able to help you with those when I get home from work, if no one else gets there first.

PM an email and I'll send them your way this afternoon if they're still needed.

RD

DoctorRuina

Wellcome to the forum! The best way to learn to skinning is to practice. I still have a lot to learn. For the base the Courtnall6's bases are my favourites.

Randomdays

I'm not seeing the PM - Its been a long time but I think the forum may not let you PM until you have a few posts - probably to prevent spam.

I have mega site where I upload my files. I'll put them there in the requests folder later today

My mega site is here - https://mega.nz/folder/bxoATQBA#zhsyE8hp1uwMeDk7r17BcQ

DoctorRuina

Randomdays

Still no PM - but I went ahead and loaded them into the requests folder for Charlie or anyone else who wants them.

As I'm not a skinner, I actually don't have many base skins.

Uploaded are ; skins; Gryphon Athletic Base, Gryphon Female Athletic.

meshes; male no face, male no mouth, vx male no face, vx male no mouth.

RD

SaneCharlie

Not sure why the PM didn't work, but thanks for uploading those, RD! Looks like they're perfect for my plans.
And thanks Doc for the encouraging words. I'm definitely looking forward to getting properly stuck in.

DoctorRuina