Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Happy 2021 !!!

Author Topic: Farewell Daglob  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Panther_Gunn

• Villains' worst nightmare come true
  • Titans
Re: Farewell Daglob
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2021, 07:10:47 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, BG.  The opening song choice is already gettin' me.  :(
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Offline docdelorean88

• "If your gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style!"
  • imgur.com/mkyedwZ.png
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2021, 04:29:55 AM »
What a beautiful service ❤️ I'm so grateful his daughter shared that with us
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Offline oktokels

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2021, 01:38:12 PM »
Just reading this and, Oof...terrible news.  :(
Daglob was one of the most active user in the forum.  Personally i didnt knew him, but i exchanged some messages with him here and there. He was a fan of skinning and different types of skins. Great guy, he will be missed ! Respects !!!

Offline abenavides

• Alex's Freedom Fortress
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2021, 12:02:30 AM »
Whoa Iíve been out of the loop completely on this . DG was one of the nicest people Iíve met in the ff-fandom. Always willing to help you out with a mesh or skin . And doing amazing work of his own . Shocked to hear this.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Offline The Beyonder

• http://www.alexff.com/skinmesh_gallery.php?creator=Beyonder&category=%&logo=BYD
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2021, 12:30:37 PM »
Seeing and reading this was all hard to take in.  I'm at a loss for words.  I just wish I had better words to say other than you will be missed Daglob.

Offline Outcast

• わるい
  • Thanks to Juancho and Tomato for the av.
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2021, 02:34:51 AM »
Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

He was a good man indeed. He was the among the very first people that helped me out when I first joined this community. Back then, I often had a lot of requests and sometimes I would ask them from him via PM. He was always friendly and ready to help when he was able to.

I also admired his enthusiasm and dedication in making cool stuff for the game. Sometimes it could be something simple, silly, or funny. Other times it would be cool and awesome. I could tell he just simply loved and enjoyed what he was doing. And I think he wanted to share that same joy and enthusiasm to everyone.

Rest In Peace Daglob. You shall be missed.

Offline Panther_Gunn

• Villains' worst nightmare come true
  • Titans
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2021, 05:19:14 AM »
Ok, I've put this off for long enough.

I never thought I would miss someone this much that I never met.  Bill could almost always find a way to relate to someone on some subject or other.  Knowing him was, dare I say it, an enriching experience.  I don't know if I'll ever say that about anyone ever again (cuz I'm a grump).

Daglob may not have been in the first or second wave of board members like some of us still hanging around, having finally signed up almost a year after the board was started, but he put so much of himself into the place that you'd think he was a founder.  There's been a lot of well-deserved praise handed out to him as one of the best of us, but I'll up that and say that he was absolutely the best of us.  He was the example we should all strive to emulate.  He was always willing to try his hand at just about every aspect of the game, contributing content heartily (limited only by the tech he had at hand), and always more than happy to help someone out with not just the content he had hoarded (by his own admission), but also his extensive knowledge of classic and pulp characters, as well as a sounding board for ideas.  He resurrected the artistic challenges after a six year absence and regularly checked all of those Yahoo Groups & Wayback Machine links not because someone asked him to, but because he felt it was needed (and they both sorely were).  And even after all of the arguments going on around the boards and all of his challenges with cancer (and hurricanes!), I can't think of a single negative post from him.

I don't think he'll be remembered in any other way than the good person he was.  I know I'll still miss Bill whenever I think of him (and with so many topics he was attached to, it will probably be frequent), but the thought that wherever he is now he's probably doing much better than he had in a while will lighten that mood a bit.

Rest In Peace, Bill.  You deserve it.

*wipes a tear*
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Offline doctorchallenger

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2021, 12:11:46 AM »
Thank you PG for putting into words what I couldn't bring myself to write.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2021, 10:32:49 PM »
Very well said, PG.  I think your point about the genuinely good and positive nature of his interactions here on FR is particularly apt.  He will indeed be remembered in that light.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2