News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Farewell Daglob

Started by BentonGrey, August 03, 2021, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

Thanks for the heads-up, BG.  The opening song choice is already gettin' me.  :(
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

docdelorean88

What a beautiful service ❤️ I'm so grateful his daughter shared that with us
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

oktokels

Just reading this and, Oof...terrible news.  :(
Daglob was one of the most active user in the forum.  Personally i didnt knew him, but i exchanged some messages with him here and there. He was a fan of skinning and different types of skins. Great guy, he will be missed ! Respects !!!

abenavides

Whoa I've been out of the loop completely on this . DG was one of the nicest people I've met in the ff-fandom. Always willing to help you out with a mesh or skin . And doing amazing work of his own . Shocked to hear this.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

The Beyonder

Seeing and reading this was all hard to take in.  I'm at a loss for words.  I just wish I had better words to say other than you will be missed Daglob.

Outcast

Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

He was a good man indeed. He was the among the very first people that helped me out when I first joined this community. Back then, I often had a lot of requests and sometimes I would ask them from him via PM. He was always friendly and ready to help when he was able to.

I also admired his enthusiasm and dedication in making cool stuff for the game. Sometimes it could be something simple, silly, or funny. Other times it would be cool and awesome. I could tell he just simply loved and enjoyed what he was doing. And I think he wanted to share that same joy and enthusiasm to everyone.

Rest In Peace Daglob. You shall be missed.

Panther_Gunn

Ok, I've put this off for long enough.

I never thought I would miss someone this much that I never met.  Bill could almost always find a way to relate to someone on some subject or other.  Knowing him was, dare I say it, an enriching experience.  I don't know if I'll ever say that about anyone ever again (cuz I'm a grump).

Daglob may not have been in the first or second wave of board members like some of us still hanging around, having finally signed up almost a year after the board was started, but he put so much of himself into the place that you'd think he was a founder.  There's been a lot of well-deserved praise handed out to him as one of the best of us, but I'll up that and say that he was absolutely the best of us.  He was the example we should all strive to emulate.  He was always willing to try his hand at just about every aspect of the game, contributing content heartily (limited only by the tech he had at hand), and always more than happy to help someone out with not just the content he had hoarded (by his own admission), but also his extensive knowledge of classic and pulp characters, as well as a sounding board for ideas.  He resurrected the artistic challenges after a six year absence and regularly checked all of those Yahoo Groups & Wayback Machine links not because someone asked him to, but because he felt it was needed (and they both sorely were).  And even after all of the arguments going on around the boards and all of his challenges with cancer (and hurricanes!), I can't think of a single negative post from him.

I don't think he'll be remembered in any other way than the good person he was.  I know I'll still miss Bill whenever I think of him (and with so many topics he was attached to, it will probably be frequent), but the thought that wherever he is now he's probably doing much better than he had in a while will lighten that mood a bit.

Rest In Peace, Bill.  You deserve it.

*wipes a tear*
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

doctorchallenger

Thank you PG for putting into words what I couldn't bring myself to write.

BentonGrey

Very well said, PG.  I think your point about the genuinely good and positive nature of his interactions here on FR is particularly apt.  He will indeed be remembered in that light.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

murs47

You were not only a constant but a pillar of this community. I don't think FR would've been able to keep as many new members as it could without your helpfulness and kindness. Nor without the amount of content you've created throughout the years.

I have drifted away from FR over the years but I want to say I'm sorry for everyone's loss here. A community 20+ years old, I can only imagine how much this hurts.

Farewell Daglob and thanks for keeping this place together.

Shaboba

Wow... after not having been here for a while, this is utterly shocking and incredibly heartbreaking news. Glob was an absolute pillar of this community and just a great guy. Always willing to lend a hand to anyone who needed it. He will absolutely be missed and I offer my sincerest condolences to his loved ones.

UnkoMan

I read this a little while ago and... devastating. I didn't know what to say.
As everybody has mentioned, Glob was an absolute treasure. Other people already have said it better, but damn.
I was absolutely enamored from day one of the characters he'd chosen to bring to life. And then all his community projects. This is the kind of person you call "the glue." A true glue person.
Rest well.

crosspotts1.0

Wow I been away for awhile for my own health issues this is not how I wanted to come back and find out you will be missed as much as you helped me when I was around all those years ago
I hope you rest in peace and I don't know if you can skin in heaven but you you can I'm sure you would

tommyboy

I somehow missed this news last year. I don't read the site much any more.
Bill was one of the best people I've interacted with online in the last 20 years, and their presence will be missed.
Always friendly and helpful, generous and talented.

John Jr.

I said some time ago Daglob was one of our "unsung heroes". He was nice, funny and friendly. He was always ready to help any fellow member, locating a "lost" skin or even doing a brand new character for a fellow he barely knew.
I loved all our collaborations and the way he would always surprise me with his suggestions about who we should do next. He would never make the obvious choice and always choose something new and unexpected.
I can't even choose the right words, to be honest, he was great man, a fun friend and, like some of the earlier posters said, the very best of us. He helped to make this place alive in more ways we can realize and I'm sure we'll all miss him. I know I do.

hmarrs

This news has just gotten to me since I was away from this Forum for some time.

As this is Fresh to me I'm hurt.
This is a late Imput but I got to say something.

He was such a generous person with such a good Soul.
Like many of you he would be quick to help and lend his Talents.

He will be missed.He and I spoke on many occasions and I do remember when he first became sick.
We shared a few prvate messages about that at the time.

We are an odd bunch to many I'm sure.... but unless your one of us you just wouldnt understand.
We feed into each other childhood Dreams...and we help assist in making them come true.

Just comming back and finding this out...
I feel bad not having spoken to him for so long.
You just never know....so....

Let me say Life is Precious and I Appreciate all of you.
🙏🙏🙏🙏Prayers and Blessings to us all.🙏🙏🙏🙏

Rest my Brother
And Thank you
DG🙏

eluvium

I heard about his passing when I logged back on recently, and it broke my heart as well, he was a great mesher and a really pleasant person.

TAP43

Just saw this and I am greatly saddened by it, but also feel lucky to have known him. He will be very missed.