Samurai Rabbit

Started by BentonGrey, July 26, 2021, 03:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Interesting!  Apparently they're making a CGI cartoon based on Usagi Yojimbo.  It's about a descendant of his in a future setting.  I'd be more interested in Usagi himself, but this sounds pretty cool!

https://www.ign.com/articles/netflix-samurai-rabbit-the-usagi-chronicles-hero-bunny-animated-series-tv?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0PtwlnTyENtQtmcFCiBuJ8mDP0v6zjwX6_NIWSuqfz1vM7JXRGctEKmdM
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

I wonder if it's going to be a *Jack* rabbit?

;)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

GhostMachine

A rabbit in the future, huh? So.....Bucky O'Hare?

BentonGrey

Ha!

I'd be all over a Bucky O'Hare reboot/sequel!  That show was a lot of fun.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Silver Shocker

Yes indeed. I saw a thing about this the other day.

Usagi in the future you say? Like Space Usagi?

I had that figure as a kid. I always thought it was cool. I probably still have it in a box somewhere.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Haha!  I don't remember that one!  Crazy!  :D
God Bless

UnkoMan

Space Usagi was actually a dope spin-off comic, too. Got some issues around here somewhere...

This project probably isn't for me but cool to see that kids can have a different version. Hope they like it.
I know my partner's son LOVES the modern She Ra.

Silver Shocker

QuoteThis project probably isn't for me but cool to see that kids can have a different version. Hope they like it.

I recently watched the episode of Teen Titans Go that uses the Titans as strawmen for people who hate Thundercats Roar. It amused me greatly.

QuoteI know my partner's son LOVES the modern She Ra.

Forgot about that one. Heard good things. Voice cast looks inspired.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

UnkoMan

Ha ha whoa, I had never heard about Thundercats Go until just now.
Now THIS looks like it's for me. I wonder if I can get the child into this? Ha ha ha.

BentonGrey

I had missed any mention of that Thundercats show until I just happened across some shots of it, and the art style simply made me angry.  :P  Why is that a thing!?!?!

Haha, I'm definitely a lot more interested in this show!
God Bless

Silver Shocker

Ah-haha, oh dear, what have I done?

Yeah, I don't find the new one appealing in the slightest, and it was online discussion of that that made me discover the original's opening animation and how amazing it was. The Teen Titans even reenact it in that episode of Go.

But even though it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, I'm sure the kids probably love it, and the parody on Go definitely amused me.

Starfire: How the charming!

Robin: It's not supposed to be "charming", it's supposed to be cool.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Yeah, apparently every cartoon now has to be Teen Titans Go. But I ranted about Thundercats Roar and the whole CalArts school before. CalArts is a blight.
It still hurts that the 2011 series never got a second season. But at least we didn't have to suffer a Netflix continuation by Kevin Smith. Too soon?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Actually yes. It's rather controversial/divisive.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Silver Shocker on July 30, 2021, 05:38:02 PM
Actually yes. It's rather controversial/divisive.
That was the joke. Personally,I decided to pretend it doesn't exist and Im trying to avoid talking about it. Hating things only gives them power,but apathy kills them.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Nyte Dragon

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 26, 2021, 04:41:28 AM

;)

I see what you did there.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Silver Shocker

Took me a bit to get that reference, surprisingly.
~Rocky Balboa

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Nyte Dragon on July 30, 2021, 09:04:33 PM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 26, 2021, 04:41:28 AM

;)

I see what you did there.

Well, *that* didn't take an agonizingly long time, did it?

Ok, ND, you have redeemed yourself for the time being.  You get one free Get Out Of Spannage Joke, which may be redeemed for two handbag/boots references.  Use it wisely.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.