Moon Knight Has Some Problems And I'm Out of Ideas

Started by SpecterFan, July 24, 2021, 08:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecterFan

People, I need you're help!

I've got a few problems and I have a feeling they've been dealt with by others already but not by me.

• First of all - bright "pink" meshes and mesh parts. I have not encountered them with any FF1 stuff - only with items from FFv3rdR My best example is Style's "Moon Knight".
  • Second problem involves FFv3rdR and its Custom Characters folder. I can not remember where it belongs. I think I've somehow put my custom work in the wrong place. I also can't alter or change the Standard or Custom Data Directories. (Is this of any significance?
I know you may be asking yourselves, "Why is he bothering us with this?" The answer is simple: it's driving me nuts. Any help you can send my way is always appreciated.

Chuck W

Randomdays

Is the pink skins in game or in nifskope?. I found this and it might help ; http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=49604.0

For the custom meshes, Mine is right off the main directory - "Freedom Force 3R\Custom\Art\library\characters"

RD

BentonGrey

Howdy SF, I think RD already has you covered, but here are a few other thoughts.

Tommy's post is super helpful, and CB helped me apply it to Marvel Adventures, where we were seeing seemingly inexplicable pinking.  Of course, the most common cause for pink meshes is the .TGA issue.  A good first step would be to convert your .TGA skins to .DDS.  I like to use XnView to do a whole skin at once, though it will downgrade the quality of some skins, so I also like to use GIMP with the DDS plugin to convert the main skin file(s) by hand.

Also, RD is right about where your folder for actual custom characters goes, but there is also a folder called "custom_characters."  This goes in your Data(or mod)/Art/custom_characters directory.  Often FFX puts characters in there, and my mods do too.

What do you mean that you can't change the directories?  What are you trying to do?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

I think he wants to make a custom directory elsewhere instead of using the standard one.

BentonGrey

Ahh, CB posted about that last year, I think.  But I don't remember if he got it to work.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SpecterFan

To be honest, I was trying to determine the proper location for the custom_character folder in FFv3rdR. I was trying to do this through "Trial And Error" using "Character Tool 2".

On another note - I hunted down XnView for use in converting tga files to dds. I've already been using the Krita program on my tga files.

Tomato

the default section for custom characters is :

(whatever your directory for FF)\Custom\Art\library\characters

EX(for steam):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters

if you have not done so, you may have to create it.