News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

How to Convert a Nif in Nifskope

Started by BentonGrey, June 28, 2021, 05:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm trying to add a bounding box to an  :ff: object so I can use it on maps in  :ffvstr:, but because the object is from the first game, when I try to paste a bb into it, I get the 'nif versions differ' message, and it doesn't work.  I've tried running the nif through the EZConvertor, but it doesn't work.  Is there a way to update the nif version through Nifskope itself?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

I don't think you can covert in nifskope. It easy enough to do in Blender if you want to send it over.

RD

BentonGrey

Thanks RD!  Weird that you can't do it in Nifskope.  Is there a tutorial for doing it in Blender?  I should know how to do that eventually, I suppose.

Thanks for the offer, but I actually figured out a different way to do it, so I don't need this one converted anymore.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

In Blender, just import it in, make sure everything is selected, and export it back out again to whatever version you need.

hmarrs

Question in Converting it to FF2 should..
"Force DDs"
Be on...?
N if so does it hve to be clicked on FF 1 as well...?
On any for that matter on EXPORT? :o

SickAlice

It doesn't need to be. Most  :ffvstr: nifs have .tga written inside the nif and when there is a .dds in the folder the game just defaults to it anyways. DDS is the preferred format for  :ffvstr: but you don't have to use it except for FX and map stuff. But whatever is in the nif doesn't matter there. It can not be .dds for  :ff: though so uncheck it if you are exporting for the first game.