News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Official Meshes

Started by Ewzzy1, June 28, 2021, 01:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewzzy1

Been a long time. I was pretty active here back in the day and I'm looking to make a small return. Problem is I can't find a lot of the old stuff. Sure you get that a lot.

Right now I'm focused on collecting all of the old official releases. I've got most of the old modforce stuff, but there's a few meshes I'm still out.

• Shadow Mesh: A custom mesh of the Shadow character from Irrational's "The Lost"
  • Tangle Beam FX: A custom power FX created by the Irrational Team.
  • Female Versatile Mesh : fv_armour.zip, fv_fbi.zip, fv_hero.zip

Hoping to get them as they were originally shared by Irrational. I'm also looking for the "effects" version of all the original meshes. Surprisingly hard to find something like "male_basic_effects" out there.

daglob

That "Shadow", is that the Tombstone Shadow you did?

I've got most of the other stuff, I'm pretty sure. May not be 'til tomorrow 'til I can get them up. It will probably be in the afternoon.

BentonGrey

Howdy Ewzzy, welcome back!  I love seeing veterans returning to the community!  :D  Let me know if you want to get involved in any of my projects!

Shadow: I've seen that somewhere, but I have no idea where.  If DG can't find it, I can dig around and see if I've got it somewhere.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Oh, yeah, I've got that guy someplace. I remember the claws.

daglob

Ewzzy

Excellent! :thumbup: The Shadow mesh has now lead me down a weird path researching The Lost. I'm gonna post more about that later.

Digging into these Shadow meshes they've all been modified from the original, (converted to FFvt3R, resized, items toggled) but if I can remember how to hex I think I can restore the original file.  More on that later too.

Oh and I figured out how to log into my original account. Ain't that nice?

BentonGrey

If you are trying to get back on the horse, you might find this useful:
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/freedom-force-modding/

I rescued and reposted a lot of the tutorials from the defunct FFwiki.  The Nifskope one should be particularly useful to you.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Ewzzy on June 28, 2021, 03:22:18 PM
Digging into these Shadow meshes they've all been modified from the original, (converted to FFvt3R, resized, items toggled) but if I can remember how to hex I think I can restore the original file.  More on that later too.

If you haven't found the original Shadow mesh, I have it unmodified from when I d/l'd it in 2004, if you need it.  I would have mentioned it yesterday but I thought I had only d/l'd the Instinct mesh, but I seem to have both.  Oh, and also, my network storage where I have it wouldn't stay on for more than 15-20 minutes at a time until I blew it out today (what came out was frightening).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Ewzzy1

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on June 29, 2021, 12:35:10 AM
If you haven't found the original Shadow mesh, I have it unmodified from when I d/l'd it in 2004, if you need it.  I would have mentioned it yesterday but I thought I had only d/l'd the Instinct mesh, but I seem to have both.  Oh, and also, my network storage where I have it wouldn't stay on for more than 15-20 minutes at a time until I blew it out today (what came out was frightening).

That would be fantastic. Even if I could restore it, I'd love to have the file as it was released.

Also, I'm going to post some interesting research I've done into The Lost here in a minute. There's enough FF connection that it'll be in the Freedom Force Discussion area.

Panther_Gunn

Drop me an email address you want it sent to (here or PM is fine), and I'll get it to you as soon as I can.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Ewzzy

Thank you so much Panther and everyone else helping me with these. If you missed my research into Shadow and The Lost please check out my other thread.

Inspired by that I whipped up a new skin for the Shadow mesh.

It's based on promo art for the character that had a red mask and a blue belt.

It also includes an AI upscaled version of the standard skin. I've been working on HD Texture packs for a while now using AI and photoshop. I've got a mini-site for that if you want to take a look.

Download my masked Shadow skin here.
Download the original Shadow mesh file here.

Again, thank you all so much. Expect more from me in the future.

BentonGrey

Neat, really cool stuff, Ewzzy!  I'd love to see some of that fancy texture stuff on some FF maps!
God Bless

Ewzzy

Resurrecting this thread to ask for the 1970's The Ant mesh that was a pre-order bonus.

daglob

Ewzzy

Gracias glob! I've got The Ant, Eve, Bullet, and El Diablo. There weren't any other released right?

daglob

I only knew about The Ant and Eve...

Bearded (was it Bearded?) did a modernized Minuteman, which I scoped onto one of the Punisher meshes.