News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Forever

Started by Tomato, January 05, 2023, 05:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

Working for me, using an older version of Chrome (it's been pestering me to update for months).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

Tomato

So, I will try and help. As others have stated, it seems to work fine elsewhere, so I need to know

Have you tried typing the url manually (ie: freedomforce4ever.com )
What the error says
What browser you're using
Maybe what OS you're on? I cannot imagine that as the why, but it might help diagnose why you specifically are having issues when no one else is.

cmdrkoenig67

Hi Tomato,

The links for Windblown and Ultimate Evil go nowhere (seem to be broken). I thought I'd let you know.

Best,

Dana

Tomato

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 16, 2024, 09:47:02 PMHi Tomato,

The links for Windblown and Ultimate Evil go nowhere (seem to be broken). I thought I'd let you know.

Best,

Dana

Ah. The link should go back to the main page, but it's set to the old url. I'll fix that shortly, but just to take the opportunity to mention it (it's come up via PM), the reason both have pages but are not linked:

In TUE's case, he actually removed all of his content years ago. Unlike AA (whose content was still on the site, the link to it was just removed. I chose to restore it once AA's other site went down, since AA's intent was not to remove the content, just to move to his own site. If he asked me to re-remove it, I would.) TUE actually took everything off the server. I've talked with him a few times about restoring it, but he's not huge on the idea. I respect his choice, but Heroforce will always be open to him if he chooses to return.

In a similar vein, Windblown was never actually added to Heroforce. Back when I began hosting DJ's content, there was a discussion about adding Windblown, and given how... painful adding and removing people to that site is in general (I've tried to make it less so over the years, but UGH) it was easier to add temp placement for them while I was working on DJ anyway. At the time, they were mid-semester and busy with stuff IRL. I haven't heard anything since, but given so much of their content is on HF via Pod anyway, I'm still perfectly fine if they come back and want the hosting. The door is open, as it were.

cmdrkoenig67

Ah, I see...Thank you for the clarifications, Tomato.

Dana

Tomato

S'all good, as I said it's legitimately not the first time the misconception has come up lately, so I'd rather be up front about it. In truth, I probably should have followed up with Windblown ages ago, but life is... yeah.