Professor Night and Glory

Started by DoctorBleed, June 02, 2021, 08:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorBleed

I've been on a Supreme kick lately, rereading the old issues that I love. There's a couple of characters who really stick out with me that I'd like to see someone make into skins if they'd be so cool.

Professor Night and Glory are the comic's version of Batman and Wonder Woman, and I think they look really cool. Also, several times throughout the story, Supreme has long sleeves in flashbacks. I think he looks really cool like that and if someone could maybe reskin Courtail's Supreme Skin to have long sleeves (if that's considered ok) and maybe different colored arm bands, that would also be swell.

I don't mean to come off like I'm making tall orders here. I was just thinking about this lately and thought it would be cool.

BentonGrey

Howdy DoctorBleed!  I don't have anything useful to contribute, I'm afraid, but I thought I'd let you know that your link for Glory goes to Professor Night.  Good luck!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

Many, many moons ago I did a Professor Night skin....unhappily I no longer have it so you are going to have to hope one of the folks that hoards stuff has it.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

DoctorBleed

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 02, 2021, 09:15:06 PM
Many, many moons ago I did a Professor Night skin....unhappily I no longer have it so you are going to have to hope one of the folks that hoards stuff has it.

Thanks for pointing that out! It'll help move things forward! Great job.

That's okay, it's cool to know! If someone did it before, someone can do it again :D I remain optimistic!

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING: I tried something out. I made my own edit of Supreme (not sharing yet because I don't know if that's allowed, since its a partial recolor of a Courtnail skin) myself, and it was really fun and interesting, though also simple. So, that part of the request is fulfilled. If anyone wants the skin just ask!

daglob

I'm one of those hoarders he's talking about, and sad tp say I don't have Professor Night, but I do have a version of Glory I've posted here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/maxypriik062rme/Glory.zip/file

DoctorBleed

Quote from: daglob on June 18, 2021, 06:42:05 PM

I'm one of those hoarders he's talking about, and sad tp say I don't have Professor Night, but I do have a version of Glory I've posted here:

Oh, fantastic! This is absolutely awesome to see. Thank you so much for finding this!

I will say, as a piece of constructive criticism: those keyframes are quite janky. A single punch costs 1800 points in the editor. Very bizarre, clearly meant more for a ranged character.

daglob

Quote from: DoctorBleed on June 23, 2021, 09:32:25 AM

Oh, fantastic! This is absolutely awesome to see. Thank you so much for finding this!

I will say, as a piece of constructive criticism: those keyframes are quite janky. A single punch costs 1800 points in the editor. Very bizarre, clearly meant more for a ranged character.

I don't remember where I got her, Dreamerzoid did the work, but she is based on Ink's Warbird. Possibly other Ink female keyframes will work with her, as well as other female basic (but not VXFemale) keyframes. There is a keyframe modification tool out there which I have had little luck with, but others do wonders with.

Suggestion: open the folder and rename keyrames.kf to keyframes.kfo, then start copying other Ink and female basic keyframes into the folder to see which ones work without distorting the mesh (I always seem to run into the "broken ankle syndrome"). If you find one that works well, let us know. There are so many meshes and hexes out there, that this kind of thing is done on a one-to-one basis, when someone wants something better.

DoctorBleed

Quote from: daglob on June 24, 2021, 11:47:27 PM
Quote from: DoctorBleed on June 23, 2021, 09:32:25 AM

I don't remember where I got her, Dreamerzoid did the work, but she is based on Ink's Warbird. Possibly other Ink female keyframes will work with her, as well as other female basic (but not VXFemale) keyframes. There is a keyframe modification tool out there which I have had little luck with, but others do wonders with.

Suggestion: open the folder and rename keyrames.kf to keyframes.kfo, then start copying other Ink and female basic keyframes into the folder to see which ones work without distorting the mesh (I always seem to run into the "broken ankle syndrome"). If you find one that works well, let us know. There are so many meshes and hexes out there, that this kind of thing is done on a one-to-one basis, when someone wants something better.

Ink's Wonder Woman keyframes work great for me! I think I notice the ankle thing but for me it really isn't much of a problem at all. It's barely noticeable, actually. I had a hunch a Wonder Woman keyframe would fit best, because Glory is basically a Wonder Woman clone the same way Supreme is a clone of Superman.

This is absolutely AWESOME! Now I have a functional and fun Glory character! All we need now is Professor Night! If you can find the original that was apparently lost, that would be neat. But if you can't, there's still hope: the "Dark Night" himself looks very similar to character like Doctor Mid-Nite and Red Robin, and a simple retexture of one of those would probably work just fine! Anyway, thank you so much for all your help!