News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Black Screen

Started by hmarrs, June 29, 2022, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

Maybe someone might know...At times in Ffedit I open the Level Editor and all is fine..However when I Run the games...All is Black I can hear everything but it's all Black...When I hit Escape to leave I can see all my yellow titles games options just fine...

It's not just in Editor because when I run the game same thing happens not in all Maps or Missions but just in some?

Anyone ever have this issue or know if a Solution???

BentonGrey

So, if I'm understanding correctly, this is happening because you've got a map that doesn't have appropriate accompanying script files.  The python files in, for example, a regular vanilla game mission is a complete, self-contained story.  If you try to run one of those from FFEdit, it should run.  However, if you take a multiplayer map or an EZScript map, it is dependent on other stuff to make it function.  It doesn't have all the info in the map's python files.  Does that make sense? 

I never test through that mechanism.  I always test through the game itself.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/