News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Red Hulk

Started by Fronkenhonk, May 12, 2021, 09:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fronkenhonk

Hi

Im not very familiar with how the red hulks powers work since ive never read comics with him. How does his energy leech work? Is it like an area of effect? Or mor that he can drain the ones he touches?

Regards
Fronkenhonk

oktokels

Quote from: Marvel FandomEnergy Absorption: Red Hulk is capable of absorbing energy. He said in his confrontation against the Hulk and his Defenders that he absorbs energy, mostly gamma, but that he has a real taste for cosmic power. He has also absorbed (and taken for himself) the Silver Surfer's power cosmic, leaving him powerless on the ground while Red Hulk flew away on his board. However, overuse of this power left Red Hulk unable to revert to his human form.

According to Tom Brevoort, Rulk beat the Odin-powered Thor by drawing on Thor's own power: "Finally, we've seen it established that the Red Hulk is fueled by cosmic energy, and what is the Odinpower if not a form of cosmic energy? So during their battle, it's likely that the Red Hulk was drawing on Thor's own power to fuel his fighting strength.

It seems like it works passively, without activating. In terms of attributes, I probably would go with solar powered, overheated, maybe nocturnal (given that cosmic energy is present in all things, he can absorb energy from the ambient around him), also metabolic strength would work, given that his strength is related to the energy that he has absorbed. In terms of powers i would probably go with a passive defense that absorbs 50% of radiation, energy and heat attacks.

Though, i must say, about this quote:
QuoteHe has also absorbed (and taken for himself) the Silver Surfer's power cosmic, leaving him powerless on the ground while Red Hulk flew away on his board.

It seems like Red Hulk has energy leech in some way. I'd probably create a metal eater attribute with energy leech, that activates only when a "cosmic" character is around. Kind of a tricky way to do it though...

oktokels

This is from Ben Riely's Marvel RPG Page

QuoteEnergy Absorption: When Red Hulk is hit by Radiation in any form or Cosmic Rays, he absorbs up to a Very High amount of damage and converts that directly into Strength. The Red Hulk adds the damage amount to his current Strength. If it brings his Strength to the minimum number of the next rank, his Strength temporarily becomes that rank. The maximum duration for any strength increase gained this way is 600 turns. Red Hulk's Strength can never exceed the maximum rank number of 10, regardless of the amount of energy he absorbs.

Fronkenhonk

Thank you. That sounds like it could be fun. Its abit different than most bricklike characters :)

Fronkenhonk