News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber Burn

Started by Tomato, April 15, 2021, 01:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So Benton approached me about doing an artistic tribute of sorts to Cyber Burn. While I could probably cherry pick what I think is his "best work", firefiend mentioned the skin Cyber made him, and on reflection I can't think of a better tribute to the person Cyber was than a showcase of the stuff he contributed to the community.

So this is a bit of an odd request: if Cyber made you a skin (avatar or otherwise), or helped with a skope, or helped you track something down, I'd love for it to be represented. I have a few I can think of for myself, but I'd love to get the community he loved involved.

And even if you don't have something specific to add, but just want to talk about him, go for it.

spydermann93

Cyber was awesome enough to make a skope for my first (and only) avatar:

Spoiler

It is readily available in his section at Force of Paradox: http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/cyber_burn.html

deanjo2000

These are just some of the things i surprised him with and he loved them, he was always so grateful and apreciative.

I helped him with a couple of skins that are hosted at force of paradox.
He will be missed.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Podmark

Those are all really great. I'm sure he must have been happy with them.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Helix

Cyber was always there when I needed something made or needed to find something. Always. I've been away from the community for a couple of years and just recently returned. What happened to him?

Tomato

daglob

I thought "My God, where do I start?". He and I did so many characters together. Then, I thought, "Why not at the beginning?"

It may not look like much, but at the time it was beyond my capabilities. CB offered to fix it for me. The year on the readme is 2011. Then, when a glitch caused my computer to quit displaying the scoped in parts, he fixed Grimjack.

And so many more...

Then group that was the most fun:

The trick was to make them the same, yet different.

When we did the Atlantean Armies, we considered doing the Asgardian Army, but we never did.

And I think I have some unreleased scopes; Triumph, for sure. Then my health got to me, and CB's real life got him, and here they sit on my hard drive.

Neros Urameshi

Cyber Burn missed? (gasps) You mean he passed away?!

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Neros Urameshi on April 18, 2021, 04:31:10 AM
Cyber Burn missed? (gasps) You mean he passed away?!

<breaks radio silence>

...because no one else will and because I know CB would've been honored to see me do this:

Neros if you were to actually look at something on this forum aside from the request threads hoping that someone answered your requests that you've spammed, you would've noticed the thread concerning the news of Cyber's untimely and saddening death and the outpouring of memories and stories about how good and loved he was. But you're to involved with your wasteful requests and not truly contributing or even reaching out and respecting the members of this forum to do any such thing before asking such an uninformed question. Learn from this: a lot more goes on in this forum than requests, skins, and meshes that you want...maybe you should look at sections like the general discussion thread...

I've had my say...and I did it to honor my friend CB...

Now back to radio silence. <disappears>
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Shogunn2517

I don't want to think I'm just a "lurker". I don't post THAT much in comparison to others that have been around this group as long as I have. But we all know how us folk are. We can be pretty prickly, smartallic-ly and other wise try to hammer in one-upmanship, particularly when you're with a group of comic book fans. So, some of us might be a little weary of contacting other members, especially when the kind of spats we've seen here can develop.

But in this current iteration of FR, I've exchanged more PMs with Cyber Burn than probably anyone else. He was always open and more importantly WILLING to help out with almost any request. Even if he couldn't get to it, he made it a point to say that he would or couldn't or just think about making something. And these are things he absolutely did not have to do, not on his own time. But He helped me locate a few pieces and was working on a few others as well. I may not have followed up with him because in my mind he was already going WAY out the way for my itty-bitty few minutes of fun on a video game, but damn, just to even not just consider it but to take the time and even talk to me about it, as if it mattered, as if my request was serious enough for him to even have that interest in...

That tells you the kind of person he was. I don't know where his family is or how they're doing, but we all know the kind of man he was, the kind of friend he was and the creative mind he was. The world could use much more of all that.

Thanks CB!

cranlox

He was one of the only ones who told me Welcome! He clearly had great qualities

doctorchallenger

This.

On my skin thread, I got a lot of kind words from people like Podmark and DaGlob. Cyber was extremely encouraging about my work.

I am not an artist. I see myself as someone who assembles skins.

This message made me feel like an artist.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 30, 2018, 04:22:46 PM
Man of War is awesome, I mean, really awesome. The face work is fantastic, and that's an understatement.

BentonGrey

That was CB.  He was such a positive, encouraging person, despite his own troubles.  That's awesome.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

dknight95

I have been on and off this forum for years (beginning in 2003)  So yes I have been a lurker.  But I remember more times than I can count seeing a post in many threads where CyberBurn helped someone either directly or by simply providing a link.  He was everywhere on these boards, an omnipresent force helping anyone who asked for assistance.  He was more than just a pillar of this community, he represented what was best about this community.  We were blessed and lucky to have him.  I recently came back to FF thanks to it being available on GoG.  I was looking for M25's modding tools.  Where did I find them?  Yes you guessed it, a download link I found in a post where CB was helping another member.  Even today his legacy continues.  He was a rare breed of individual.  He loved FF and he wanted to help everyone he could. He
encouraged others, supported them and made this a better community in doing so.  How and where he found the time to do so I do not know, but he will forever be a part of this family and it's epic history.  CyberBurn you are missed, but will always be remembered for your part in shaping this small proud corner of the universe,  May you Rest in Peace and have Freedom Forever! 
Be well, God bless, Be at peace, and may the forces of evil become lost and confused on the way to your home! - George Carlin

SickAlice

Many of the FX you see in his packs where answers to and or collaborations between myself and him, a lot of the Lantern Corps stuff of course to correspond with the nif project I was deep into at the time. Likewise obvious ones that stand out to nifs I host and he otherwise taught me much of what I know involving FX when I was a more impatient, abrasive and difficult internet user to put up with. Again much of my basic understanding of material settings in nifs was passed down to me from him and all the above either things I apply to date or teach in turn. Most nif collaborations where him doing the grunt work for someone else's request and coming to me for geometry. I always toyed with the idea of trying my hand at his avatar, actually goes for most of you but never felt I could do it justice. It was just as streamlined a design as it could be already imo.