News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

News about Cyber Burn

Started by firefiend33, April 13, 2021, 06:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefiend33

Hello, I am very sorry to be the bearer, but I have terrible news about the user here named Cyber Burn. I'm afraid Cyber Burn has passed away as of April 11th, 2021. I was a friend of his, that's all I wish to say on the matter of who I am for now. He died from a mixture of legal medications that just basically messed up his brain and heart. I know Cyber Burn was known here and respected. He was a great man and was very passionate with his work and the mods he created. He told me this website was special to him. He even created me a character called Shadow Blade for the games. Thank you all who give their respects to him, and he will be greatly missed.

Here is a link to his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michael.porter.528

I do not know if anyone cares enough to see who he was, but he also didn't use his Facebook all that much.

HarryTrotter

''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

daglob

Randomdays

Cyber was a good guy and I enjoyed his posts and the conversations we had here. I'm very sorry that I didn't have a chance to talk to him before he had to quit posting last year.

He will be missed.

Rest in Peace

RD

Tomato

Oh no.

Edit: I've been trying to find the words, but this just hurts. Even after leaving FR, Cyber was still semi active in the discord, and he confided in us some of the personal stuff he was going through. He was a good man, and I hate knowing we'll never get to hear from him again.

SuperPoweredYank

My condolences. Let it be known his work was greatly appreciated here.

http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/cyber_burn.html

Podmark

I'm so sorry to hear Cyber Burn has passed. I always enjoyed his contributions here.
:(
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

That is terrible news.

RIP, Cyber. I'll miss you, man.

Silver Shocker

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Deaths Jester

<breaks radio silence for this>

....damn...knew CB's meds were affecting him cause could tell it in a few of the pm's between him and me showed it. Didn't know they were this bad though.

Another one gone too early...may you find peace and happiness in the afterworld, mate. You will be missed.

- DJ
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Epimethee

That's just... awful. Sincerest condolences to his family and all his friends. He'll be missed.

Thank you for letting us know, Firefiend33.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

firefiend33

Thank you everyone, and sorry for the cruddy way of letting you all know. This is my first time having to make a speech to something like this...

Tomato

You're fine. There's sadly no good way to break this sort of thing to people, and I appreciate you letting us know.

Chuckles4099

Very sorry to hear that, CB was awesome. Thank you for letting us know.

BentonGrey

I have no words fit for such a tragedy.  Thank you for sharing the news with us, Firefiend.  I know this cannot have been easy for you, and it is to your credit that you took time out of your own grief to share this news with people who are strangers to you, those of us who, though never having met him in person, were nonetheless his friends.  As 'Mato said, there is no good way to do such things, but you have nothing to apologize for.  We are thankful that you brought us news of our friend.

CB was dear to us and to this place.  In fact, he was the very heart and soul of this community, and it is forever diminished by his loss, as are we all.  And he was my friend.  He was always there for me, always willing and even excited to help with any project, always pushing himself, stretching himself, just to be of service in the community, just to give some joy to a host of people he never met, to share his great spirit with all of us.  He was my good right hand in every thing I made here, my constant support and encouragement, and the friend who never failed me, either in practical ways or simply in friendship itself.  I always knew him to be a man of integrity, incredible kindness, endless generosity, and unflagging good will.  I have grieved for his sorrows these last years, and he has been ever in my prayers.  I am heartbroken that his story has ended so soon.  I hope I will see him again, as we both believe, in a place where there is no sorrow.

Firefiend, for those who loved him, please tell them that he was loved here too, dearly, and that we share in their grief and loss.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

deano_ue

Cyber was always a good guy and lent me an ear so many times when things were getting bad. I know I haven't been around a lot, but we spoke occasionally outside the boards. I wish I had been around more :(

May he rest in peace he was one of the best

Tomato

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60681.new#new

Figured I'd cross post this, something Benton and I are trying to put together.

abenavides

I've been inactive recently but Cyber Burn was someone I got to know in recent years. Always willing to help with a crazy request. So sorry and shocked to hear about this .
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

UnkoMan

Oh no, poor Cyber.
He was always friendly and a very swell guy. I remember when he first started coming around here and it was a pleasure watching his talents grow. Just a great person.
A true loss.

deanjo2000

I'm totally speechless, he was such a kind hearted person and I did think of him as a friend, we chatted over new slopes/skins and if I was working on something it usually involved him. I think I've skinned his a avatar even more than my own. I always assumed he'd be back to active duty soon enough and this just crushes me. R.I.P my friend.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

WyldFyre

I'm at a loss for words. Cyber made a skoped avatar for me, and I was always a big fan of his work.  Although we were never truly close, he was always helpful and kind to me.

I will truly miss him.
For Freedom!

naitvalis

Cyber Burn, CB, a great hero of this community, my condolences to the family, as long as this forum continue he will be remembered as the most kind and good hearted of us here i want purpose to open a thread called "in memory of our friend Cyber burn" or something similar, where everyone could post to remember him. I will miss you my friend.

The Beyonder

He always was so helpful to newcomers and the rest of the community.  He will be missed.

cranlox

We will miss him very much, he was always collaborating and taking time to respond. Many of his creations for our common game are excellent as he surely was.
Rest in peace.

oktokels

:(
We exchanged some posts here and there, but i only really knew him from his work. One of the best meshers/skinners i have seen.
He was really active in the technical issues sub-forum, always helping to fix those pink skins and delayed fxs haha
My respects to the man and his closer circle, he will be missed.

heroidosilencio

My God. I just knew now. I didn't know him personally but he was always good to me and always helped me...

I will miss him.   May God take good care of him! :)

windblown

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Cyber was one of my favorite posters here, he was always willing to help and he was very supportive when I first joined the forums. He'll be missed greatly.

tommyboy

I'm really sorry to hear about this.
Cyber was a very kind, generous person who was always a pleasure to interact with.
Their presence here made the community a better place, and they will be missed by those of us lucky enough to have known them.

Jimaras8

Man, this is just awful. I knew CB had some health issues but i never thought the meds would affect him that much. My best go to his family and friends, it's really hard losing people you have interacted with even from a distance.

SickAlice

Boy I'm just returning from a hiatus and finding this and having trouble with words. Known Cyber for a long time here and off site, checking in with him was on my list of to does returning so my stomach just sank. He was a good man and pushed himself to do way more than he needed to in order to try and help people even in areas most wouldn't see as relevant and likewise a bit conflicted, I thought unfairly and this was done as usual externally and given a big heart it hit him pretty hard when it happened. I hope it was fast and likewise he finds his soul in a place with no sorrow as you put it. Off to light the candle for him now and observe silence. Damn.