News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Trouble in the Batcave

Started by Randomdays, March 07, 2021, 11:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Going thru my files I found a map of the Batcave done by Gengaro for Ink back in the day.

It comes with a bunch of standard items from FF and some custom items - A robin costume in a glass case, a Batwing, a version of the FF car painted black, a static model of the T-Rex and a version of "the Carrot Cruiser" by Captain Carrot reskinned black.

This got me going on adding some more items with some imports, but I've run into a few issues I could use help on.

1) The Batsignal - seems to working correctly.

2) The 66 Batmobile that I did way back - seems to be working correctly.

3) A newly imported Batboat. I took Gren's Batman, removed everything but the basic mesh and cape, posed and placed it in the boat
   Problems - The batboat's textures are not showing up and trying to go to an alternate skin crashes the game and the character viewer.

The colors on the boat are due to the meshes materials, not to a skin.

4) A newly imported Batcopter. Placed the posed Batman in the copter. Seems to be almost working correctly. Was able to make the cockpit alpha enabled with transparency, but although you can see the cockpit seating thru the glass, you cant see Batman, only his cape!

5) The Giant Penny - No texture showing up in nifskope or Character viewer. Very Dark in Blender.

6) The Batplane - Seems to be working correctly. Used an F9F model from Civ 4 with a standard Navy skin. Placed the posed Batman in the cockpit. but he can't be seen. I need a skinner to reskin the plane as the batplane and alpha enable the cockpit area so Batman can be seen

Uploading the rar's to the Mega site I've been using under "Batcave".

https://mega.nz/folder/bxoATQBA#zhsyE8hp1uwMeDk7r17BcQ

Things to still do;

Add the posed Batman to the Batmobile.

Maybe add a Robin to the vehicles.

Alpha out the entire Batplane, remove the skin and put a Wonder Woman inside for the invisible Jet.

Try to add a alphaed set of spinning blades on the BatCopter to make it look like its flying.

Add a boat carrier to put the Batboat on for when its not in the water.

Any help will be appreciated.

RD

PS  - I hadn't gone to photobucket for a long time. The new "improved" site hit me with forced surveys, warned me that hosting my pics here was against the rules unless I "upgraded" to a premium account, and wouldn't let me access my old pictures until I updated my email, which I tried to do 3 times without success.

I very bad experience and I would recommend no one use it.

I had seen that someone here was using  the postimages site so I'm using that for now.

daglob

I've got a penny with a skin on it that I think works, and have skinned the giant playing card using an illustration from Jerry Robinson ( again, I think). I'll look for them and post them on Mediafire. I have that Robin costume in a glass case too.

Randomdays

Fixed the problem wit Batman not being seen through the transparent cockpit glass in the Batcopter. In nifskope, the batman_gren mesh had transparency attached, even though it was set to 1.0 - no transparency. When I removed it, it also removed the the transparency from the cockpit as well for some reason. When I reapplied it to the cockpit alone, everything was good and you could see him thru the glass.

One problem solved.

Randomdays

Thanks DG

I was able to make the plane material alpha enabled and with it unskinned with Batman inside, it looks like a fair representation of the Invisible Jet.

I need to pose a Wonder Woman inside, and also work on the skin for the Batplane. Hopefully a simple black skin with a few bat logos on it is something I can do. I'll detatch the cockpit area and make it a separate mesh so I can alpha that only for a transparent cockpit.  I don't think I'll have room for a Robin inside but we'll see.

RD

daglob

Randomdays

Thanks for all these DG.

The Penny and the playing card are perfect except I'll have to rotate them a bit.

I think the Invisible jet I'm working on will be a bit more detailed on the body, but the posed Wonder Woman is great.

On all of these, are these yours, including the Wonder Woman? I'd like to give some credit if they're used.

RD

daglob

No, they aren't mine; I just collected them over the years.

Randomdays

Batcave security Alert.....Clear

Reuploaded new and improved versions of the Batcave items. All use Gren's Batman and C6's Classic Robin. Robin's cape appears untextured in niftools, but is good in character viewer and in game - a problem with the original mesh. If you don't want one or the other, just remove them with niftools. Same Mega Link as above.

Original Batboat, Batcopter and Bat Signal by Floyd Lewis on Sketchpad. F9f Phantom/ Batplane by Nsftpoeopas for Civ 4. Batmobile by Marcelo Negrão for Google's sketchup.

1) The Batboat - Condition Yellow. Uploaded 2 versions - One on a boat trailer and one with Batman and Robin. Boat textures still not showing up and alternate skins still cause crashes.

2) The Batcopter - Condition Green - Uploaded 2 versions - One with the blades stationary and one with the blades spinning.

3) The Batmobile - Condition Green - Has alternate nifs in two sizes without Batman and Robin.

4) The Batjet - Condition Green - Now has transparent canopy so you can see Batman and Robin. Did a simple reskin to turn it into the Batjet. Also added seats, an inside lining to the plane so you cant see thru it, and a control stick.

Daglob has sent me good versions of the Giant Penny and Playing card. They and the Batsignal should be up soon, as well as Wonder Woman in her Invisible Jet.

RD

Randomdays

Update.

The Giant Penny and Joker Card were actually done by Ink and are still available on Heroforce. I won't be uploading them since they're still available.

Reupping the Batsignal with an added readme.txt to give credit to the original mesher.

Not part of the Batcave, but upping Wonder Woman in her Invisible Jet to 'Others' on the Mega site. Wonder Woman is by Kenn X and is based off the base Eve mesh.

This version is not available on Alex's site, so I must have downloaded it, and some other Kenn X items, from either his yahoo groups(s) or another site back in the past.

RD

BentonGrey

Man, all of this stuff is really cool!  Great work on all of this, RD!  I'm afraid I can't help you with those bits of weirdness.  That's beyond me. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Since I was struck with a case of "oops!" with the batboat not skinning correctly, and figuring out it was due to the fact that nifs need even squares for skin resolution, with a multiple of 2, I went back and tinkered with the odd textures the boat came with. Below is a much improved looking batboat. I need to do a few more minor tweaks before I release an updated version, but its looking much better already.

Textures for the sides, the fin, the topboard and the control panels are now showing up correctly.Changed the emission on some pieces as well. Pic below;

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

deanjo2000

That looks a lot better, It's just amazing the things you can do.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Randomdays

Thanks Dean.

Many thanks go the original designer of the batboat mesh, as well as the Batman and Robin meshes and skins I imported onto it.

I've always considered meshers and skinners like you as artists, people like me and skopers as 'mechanics', putting things together to make something new, and level designers and mod makers somewhere in the middle, doing a little of each.

For me, its like solving a puzzle to make it work, and its great to see the final item come together and look good.

I think this is the final version - all the unskinned pieces turned out to be of the same material, so changing the color of one changed the color of all - I went for a basic black for their material.

A different view showing the final boat. I need to update the other version sitting on the trailer as well.

RD

BentonGrey

I know what you mean about being a mechanic rather than an artist, but some mechanics are more talented than others!  Great work on this, RD!
God Bless

Randomdays

Thanks Benton.

I've gotten some good feedback over the years for some of the things I've brought in, worked with a few members to do some skopes, and was able to fulfill a few requests. Some of the work looks great in game, are fairly unique, and its great to see them in game working like they should.

I've completed the updates on the 2 bat boats and replaced the files on the megasite with the new ones. Delete the old files and redownload with the new ones.

I want to get back in to these later and shine up the batmobile a little, set the flying batcopter, the batplane, and the invisible jet up with some proper kfs, and relook at all of them for some proper bounding boxes.

RD

heroidosilencio

I am looking for the batcave map and

the link with the robin costume in a glass is not working.

Can someone help me with that, please?

Randomdays

Uploaded the batcave map to the requests directory of the maga site I'm using. It includes the Robin costume and a couple of other meshes.

RD

heroidosilencio

Where can I find the batcave map Randomdays?
Thank you in advance for helping me

heroidosilencio

Thank you but I found it and I made all the procedures merging the datas but it does not work
I put the mission and art folders inside the data folder as well. Unfortunely it crashs when I start the game.

Is it for FF1?