News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Going silent

Started by Deaths Jester, February 24, 2021, 06:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

While I haven't posted a ton of stuff lately, I have been posting. That is about to change.

After a few things that have happened recently along with taking some time to reminisce/look back over my years on this forum, I've come to a realization on a few things - things that have been in the back of my mind for some time but that I ignored. I'm not going to share them or go into depth about them because truthfully....they?re isn't anything that can be done to change them/the past...and they are something I would prefer to keep to myself anyways.

What is going to happen is I'm going to pretty much go silent on the boards. I'll still be lurking in the shadows but I will no longer be posting witty whatnots or such. Also if the rite goes down or has problems, I won't be worried or go asking the administrators that I have contacted in the past - glitch girl, tomato, Benton, ect - when problems arose to clue them in/try to get some idea of what is up/how goes the repairs.

Pretty much...I'm stepping away...I'll lurk about but that is pretty much all I will be doing for the foreseeable future.

Edit: same can be said for the fr discord channel. In care anyone cares.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

So I'm not going to really go into detail here, mostly because I think it's for the best that everyone does take a minute to take a deep breath and a step back from things... but I want to say, for the record, I do care. We'll be around when you're ready.

Deaths Jester

As I have told someone else, 'mato, this decision of mine has little to nothing to do with the stuff on discord.  Am not angry or even really give a hoot about that.

This is something that has been in my mind for a long time - back to the early days of freedom force and the years following. That is all i will say about it.

I'm not leaving either, just not interacting at all for the foreseeable future.

Panther_Gunn

I know I don't speak for everyone, but I'm sure others will echo my sentiment:  your input will be missed, even if it is just entertaining witticisms from a unique point of view.  If I were more than just a punter in the creative area, I'm sure I'd also be missing your experienced opinions in some of those areas, as well.  Be well, and know that you're always welcome.  And if anyone makes you feel otherwise, I will endeavor to stab them in the eye with a rusty meathook, dripping with hamster spittle.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Silver Shocker

I noticed.  :) I remember in particular, back in the day, hearing about you doing voice work in an FF mod. [Edit: For those joining us late. This passage was in response to a post by Kommando that seems to have now been deleted.]

As for DJ, if you feel there's something you need to work on and/or address, I hope you're able to do so in a way that encourages positive growth. We should all be so lucky.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

naitvalis

I'm not really a big writer here, and i post less then i will but even a little contribution could help keep things alive, so is sad to read you want " go silent" , also i noticed that probably is something that you haven't digested that forced such a decision, but there are many people here and there is no need to interrupt with everyone just for someone. I will miss your  babblings my friend...so don't go silent on me, for example i have a special justice league that i'm about to release, wich is a sort of a dimensional police ( try to prevent travels in the multiverse) but i haven't a nice name for them, any idea?

BentonGrey

DJ, I'm very sorry to read this.  I'll be sending you a message in a bit, but I'll go ahead and say that, if you've got stuff to deal with, we'll understand.  We'll be here when you feel like coming back, but know that you'll be missed if you do go silent.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

The Phantom Eyebrow

Just seeing this now as I've been away myself for... a while I guess.  I don't have the context for this thread, but I'm glad to read that, even if you're going silent for a bit, you're not leaving.  When I hit upon the notion of checking back in here at FR tonight for some posting on an old stomping ground, one of the (many) draws of posting here was the thought of engaging in some good-natured easy back and forth with yourself.  Even if you're not here for the badinage right now, sometimes its good to take a step back and come back when the time is right.  i'm not sure I'm closing out my point entirely well here, but I am arriving on the back of a boozy Zoom call and so its more about conveying a positive and supportive vibe than... er... coherent sentence-making by me...

All I'm saying is, all the best DJ.

Deaths Jester

So...dusting off this old relic because even though i planned back then to go silent, i ended up getting roped back in here extremely fast. Now though, there are things i need to do and situations i feel best to see to in my own way. All of which are away from the forum for the foreseeable future. I might stop by on rare occasions to check my messages - all one or two of them - but otherwise i will pretty much be silent/"gone" from the forum. Why say anything? Mainly Just letting everyone know i am okay and nothing bad has happened to me - i just stepped away.

Randomdays

Sorry to hear that. It was good to see you on the boards and I enjoyed some of our conversations.

Keep and eye and ear open and come back when you can.

Omegaprime

Wow, big ego to think we would notice. As for the insults and general disrespect then closing the discussion like children...lol. You little boys and your egos.

Tomato

He's literally been active in several threads helping randomdays and a few others with the skin list thread and other things, and is being courteous to those people. It's not ego, it's being nice.

Don't be a jerk.

SickAlice

Nothing wrong with being a lurker, DJ. I'm a case in point myself. Know you as a member of the community are always appreciated particularly your humor. I'll be 100% unavailable online around the last week of February and the first of March between travelling the new house and then setting up a new internet service. But as always don't be a stranger. You got people that care about you about here and enjoy your company.

deanjo2000

Thanks for all the help you?ve done these past weeks. We all step out for a bit every now and then but we all return.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.