Gremlins : Secrets of the Mogwai

Started by Nyte Dragon, February 17, 2021, 04:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyte Dragon

Gremlins : Secrets of the Mogwai

HBO Max has an upcoming animated prequel to the classic 'Gremlins' movie.

OMG! OMG! OMG! :direcub I used to carry around a Gizmo plushie in my backpack, like Billy did in the movie, everywhere I went!

The series is about how the mysterious Grandfather acquired Gizmo when he was younger.

MEGA-SQUEEEEEE!!!! 
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Silver Shocker

How nifty. I never really got into Gremlins, but I know a lot of people loved it from years past. They sure make revivals of a lot of things these days, don't they?

Voice cast includes Ming-Na Wen, B.D. Wong and James Hong. That's pretty cool (and here I am still grumbling that B.D. Wong didn't voice Doctor Wu in the Jurassic World cartoon)

It's especially amusing since James Hong played Agent May's father in Agents of Shield, and they were both in the original Disney's Mulan.

I don't suppose a voice role for John Glover would be asking too much?
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Wow, this sounds really cool.  Great premise.  I wish it were on something that I could watch.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Nyte Dragon

Same here! But I'm hoping they'll collect it into a set and release it on DVD/Blu-ray. And I'm so glad it's a prequel, and not a reboot.

And in case anyone missed THIS!

Give him a damn straw Billy!  :doh:
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

BentonGrey

Haha, that's great!  :D  You know better, Billy!  Darn it!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/