News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skins List Uploaded

Started by Randomdays, February 15, 2021, 03:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

I've uploaded a list of skins for Freedom Force on the mega site I'm using for everyone to check out. This should give everyone, especially some of the newer users, an idea of whats out there and available. While the previous list focused mainly on meshes, this one is more for skins.

https://mega.nz/folder/bxoATQBA#zhsyE8hp1uwMeDk7r17BcQ

The list is at the bottom of the main page.

1) The list is a text file for now - I might go to xml later, but this works for now.

2) The list is divided into groups and sub groups alphabetically, mainly for DC and Marvel at the moment.

3) Each entry is setup in 4 columns - 1) name of the skin, w) what group the character is mainly associated with, 3) the mesh used and 4) the skinner

4) The list is still very incomplete from what I have available. Future updates will keep adding to it.

5) The list is still very incomplete from the total files available, due to some files being lost over time, some I haven't got yet and some that I just didn't have much interest in.

6) There's still a few holes on the list for unknown skinners. I'll put out a help request when I'm done with what I couldn't find.

7) Please hold off requests  for files for now until I'm further along. Then I'll be happy to take requests to help everyone out.

RD

Randomdays

I've been working on indexing more skins for the past few weeks. I'll probably post next week as a monthly update.

At present the list is at about 3300 or so skins. I think I'll probably wind up at about 6000 for FF1. Separating out the skins that need a mesh and making notes on the ones that I can't identify a skinner for.

RD

Randomdays

Update - Updated list and put it on the mega site. I think about 700 new skins indexed.

Randomdays

Another Update- up to around 4000 skins so far. I'll make 5000 for sure, but not sure about 6000

RD

BentonGrey

Wow, this is fantastic!  Thanks for undertaking this, RD. 

At some point in time, we should make an effort to start making some of this stuff available that is okay to repost and that doesn't have hosting elsewhere.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 19, 2021, 04:33:33 AM

At some point in time, we should make an effort to start making some of this stuff available that is okay to repost and that doesn't have hosting elsewhere.

Working on that as time permits. :)
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

WyldFyre, you're doing good work!  :thumbup:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

dknight95

Quote from: WyldFyre on May 20, 2021, 11:01:52 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on May 19, 2021, 04:33:33 AM

Working on that as time permits. :)

This list is awesome!  Thank you @Randomdays.  @WyldFyre any links available to where some/most of these skins could be found?  I've been away for a few years and I am basically starting from scratch, so any help would be most appreciated!   :D
Be well, God bless, Be at peace, and may the forces of evil become lost and confused on the way to your home! - George Carlin

Randomdays

Om my part, as soon as I get a bit further along I'll be taking requests. Depending on what you want, some sites are still active like Sick Alice, Alex F, Laughing Paradox, Hero Force, and Tommyboy. Check out those sites to see what's available.

There are lists at the top of this forum that Daglob and others have made of some sites that are available. My imports are available on a mega site. Other sites are gone but you can grab some material with the wayback machine. 

And of course, if there's anything you want, ask. If someone here has it, we'll all be happy to either help you find it or send it your way.

Oh, and welcome back.

RD

WyldFyre

Still working on a new site for the FF Museum. Had issues trying to upload to the old one.  RL keeps interfering, but I'm still working on it as time permits.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

We appreciate your efforts, WF!
God Bless

Randomdays

Wyldfire - The original site was great and showcased a lot of work that might have otherwise been lost.

As I mentioned in some email with Benton, my SD card with everything I had for FF, FFvt3R, and some other games, just got corrupted - the card's MFT files are bad. Working on a (hopeful) recovery that's looking good, but recovering over 170 gigs of data isn't quick or easy. It will still be another 2 days for the program to finish trying to reassemble everything and I'll know if I'm back in action again or dead in the water.

With the yahoo groups gone, more and more classic work might vanish if its not preserved. While the hoarders out there are great, having a web site with as much as possible on it will help as even the hoarders vanish. Hard to believe how many years the game has been out and the outpouring of passion and the thousands of characters created since then. While no match for current graphics, FF can still do many things that modern games can't - I think the era where including an editor with a game to make and expand its scope has passed.

Looking forward to your site's return and growing even larger and better. If you need help getting anything, just ask. Hopefully I, or someone out there, can help.

RD

Randomdays

So, After almost 2 weeks from the original crash, almost everything has been recovered.

I'll be doing a small update to the list soon with the map files I have.

I have a bit over 170 different maps for FF, plus conversions for most of them to FFvt3R (that will be on a separate list). The new list with the maps will probably be uploaded tomorrow.

RD

BentonGrey

Wow, I need to look over those maps!
God Bless

Randomdays

The new list is uploaded. I think all maps are for FF, except cmdrkoenig67's that I think are all for FFvt3R.

Also, I have a map pack with about a dozen maps converted from FF to FFvt3R by Renegade, and another pack with about 160 conversions by Gogglespizzano.

Most of the maps on the list are available on the FRP1 and FRP2 backup sites. Tommyboy's should be on his site.

RD

Randomdays

Uploaded an update to the list - about 500-600 news skins, almost all for DC.

I think I have just about everything for the Legion of Superheroes(over 220 skins!) for FF off of my disk archives - there might be some more online though.

RD

Randomdays

New update to the list, done bit by bit over the last couple of months. About 400 new entries. Still concentrating on FF1 mainly, by some FFvt3R files are beginning to sneak in - those are marked 'FF2" at the end of their line entry.

RD

Randomdays

Another update to the list - a few hundred more entries. Closing in on the 6000 mark!

Getting down to the hard search and finds. We have meshes with no readme files, skopes where I have to find the kf files, and some skins where there's no readme for what mesh they belong to. Case in point is C6's Invaders pack on Alex's site - no master readme for each skin so its guessing if I have the right mesh picked for them.
Some meshes look like they're for FF1, till you get the 'fallback nif thing' error, and have to move it to FFvt3R to check it out.

Randomdays

Not posted yet, but the list is up around 6100+ meshes and skins.

I've been doing a lot of the indexing from LP's site, considering the issues there, and a lot of Gren's and LP's stuff is done

I'm also downloading 20 gigs worth of skins and meshes sent from an older member, a large collection of things they've done and downloaded over the years.

It'll take a while to go thru that on top of what I have already.

Randomdays

New list posted - a bit over 6,300 different skins! Lots more to add still!

So far I have only one error I cant fix - KSS released a Wild Huntsman skope off of Persuader TVLite. I've tried the kfs for that, as well as other Tommyboy kfs, some Vxs, male basic and I don't know what else, but none are working. Anyone familiar with this skope?

I would say that 7000 is easily attainable, and probably 8000. Not sure how much more there would be after that, but we'll see when we get there.

Also as mentioned on the Christmas request thread, I'll be taking (limited) requests from people looking for some skins or meshes. Just don't go crazy all at once.

Maybe a dozen or so at most for each request.

WyldFyre

Let me look around a bit. I had a set of keyframes for that I know.  May take a day or two as I'll be working, but I'll see what I can find.
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Found the working keyframes. Sent with mesh as well, just in case it had been modified somehow. Works in CTool for FF1 haven't checked FF2.
For Freedom!

Randomdays

Tested and working in character viewer for FFvt3R - thanks!

Not to much work being done at the moment while working on imports. A few new entries, a few "unknown"s forund and other errors fixed.

cmdrkoenig67

RD, I wanted to let you know that you're missing a few of my :ffvstr: maps on your list.

DS_derelict_asylum
DS_ego_interior (the living planet from Marvel)
DS_ice_caves
DS_Kaliklak2
DS_Kaliklak_forest
DS_mountain

...and several of my Multiplayer maps...

DS_mp_canadian_airfield_ffvttr
DS_mp_canadian_airfield_winter_ffvttr
DS_mp_collinwood_ffvttr
DS_mp_derelict_spaceship
DS_mp_ego
DS_mp_frankensteins_lab_ffvttr
DS_mp_london
DS_mp_military_warehouse_ffvttr
DS_mp_sunday_morning_ffvttr
DS_mp_theatre_of_pain_ffvttr
DS_mp_the_old_house
DS_mp_tropic_airfield_ffvttr
DS_mp_underworld

I've got about 36  :ff: maps on the FRP back up site (in my signature below) and all the maps I listed above there too. The only map I seem to be missing on the back up site is the Yukon map, I don't know why I forgot to upload it? I'll have to rectify that...LOL!

Dana

Oh, the Bridge and Castle_Map are by Gengoro; the Russian military base, the Carrier, and the Wrestling map are all by Conduit (you have them as by Unknown authors)

Randomdays

Thanks Dana

Updated the list, but I'll have to get the missing maps later.

I do have the Wresting map as done by Conduit - the 'unknown is the one below it - "X Forest Night"

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on December 25, 2021, 02:53:50 PM
Thanks Dana

Updated the list, but I'll have to get the missing maps later.

I do have the Wresting map as done by Conduit - the 'unknown is the one below it - "X Forest Night"

Oh, whoops...LOL! Sorry about that. I blame my old eyes...Haha!

Dana

BentonGrey

Maybe I'm dense (probably so!), but where is this map list?
God Bless

Randomdays

the maps are at the very end of the large skin list on the megasite.

BentonGrey

God Bless