News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Looking for mutant ideas

Started by windblown, February 09, 2020, 12:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

As some of you have noticed I'm trying to come back to the game skoping x-characters, so I was wondering if there's interest in any X-character (mutant or not) in particular. They can be classic or new characters, villains or heroes, main or supporting characters, whatever. I'm not promising anything, but I'm looking for ideas and knowing that there's interest in a character can be helpful while I'm skoping it.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: windblown on February 09, 2020, 12:00:55 AM
As some of you have noticed I'm trying to come back to the game skoping x-characters, so I was wondering if there's interest in any X-character (mutant or not) in particular. They can be classic or new characters, villains or heroes, main or supporting characters, whatever. I'm not promising anything, but I'm looking for ideas and knowing that there's interest in a character can be helpful while I'm skoping it.

That's a tall order. I'd love to see your take on a classic Wolverine, Most of the others have been done several times in various eras/costumes, etc. I, for one, would love to see some of the supporting characters to a vast variety of heroes, from a modding standpoint. to me, it would be nice to include them as NPC's to help flesh out a story per say. For instance;

Moira MacTaggert, General Ross, Alfred, Jarvis, etc. The list is endless. Course, I'd love to see civilian versions of our beloved heroes as well. Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, All the X-Men in civilian attire, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen, Kara Danvers, etc etc etc. 

I realize that I'm in the minority here but it's a thought.

detourne_me

I vote for a 90's M mutant... Marrow, Mondo, or Maggot.

windblown

Thanks for the ideas, several of them were on my list, so I'll give priority to Moira, Marrow, Mondo and Maggott. That's a lot of M  :D

I'm looking for more ideas if someone wants to contribute.

Podmark

Well if we're throwing out ideas we could finish off the Lights: PriMal and Zero (no M there).
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

I read "Mondo," and all I think of is this radical reptile, ha:
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mondo_Gecko

I'm afraid that my mutant knowledge tends to end in the 90s, so most of the X characters that I really love have been done.  The main thing that jumps to my mind is the classic and short-lived Jean Grey Marvel Girl costume.  I always thought it was the closest she got to a really distinctive look.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/b/bd/X-Men_Vol_5_1_Artgerm_Virgin_Variant.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190904135528

Other than Jean, I think maybe you could do some cool stuff with classic, 70s Iceman and classic Mimic, but I think everyone else has more interesting suggestions.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I'd like to see Evan. Else Chimera has been my most wanted mutant. I tried it a couple times and just could not figure out how to do animations on it.

@BentonGrey: I have a Mondo Gecko sort of finished. It was a TMNT Legends model weighted to Val's Trogledyte. I was planning on working off it so he could have his Archies look as well try and add a skateboard.

BentonGrey

SA, awesome!  I'd love to see the Archie version with his board!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

windblown

Quote from: Podmark on February 14, 2020, 12:52:38 AM
Well if we're throwing out ideas we could finish off the Lights: PriMal and Zero (no M there).

You can see Primal at the Hex editing forum :) He was an easy one, the hardest thing was to get him bare feet. Zero is the only Light left!

Quote from: SickAlice on February 14, 2020, 02:48:18 AM
I'd like to see Evan. Else Chimera has been my most wanted mutant. I tried it a couple times and just could not figure out how to do animations on it.

Who is Evan? if you're talking about Genesis, Pod has skinned him and you can get him at Heroforce.If you're talking about a different character let me know please!
Chimera is on my list too, I have some ideas for her powers.

Podmark

Quote from: windblown on February 15, 2020, 10:44:12 PM
Quote from: Podmark on February 14, 2020, 12:52:38 AM

You can see Primal at the Hex editing forum :) He was an easy one, the hardest thing was to get him bare feet. Zero is the only Light left!

Sweet. I figured Primal would be easy. Zero is a different story.

Quote from: windblown on February 15, 2020, 10:44:12 PM
Quote from: SickAlice on February 14, 2020, 02:48:18 AM

Who is Evan? if you're talking about Genesis, Pod has skinned him and you can get him at Heroforce.If you're talking about a different character let me know please!
Chimera is on my list too, I have some ideas for her powers.

If I get a chance I would like to do some of Genesis' later costumes.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jimaras8

My request comes from pure bias but i would love to see a Gorgon skope. He is a ruthless cookie and i think his design is really cool. I also dont think he has been skoped yet.

Sidenote: WB, did you get my e-mail? if there is anything else you need me to provide or clarify, let me know. I'm currently on a sabbatica so i have some free time.

SickAlice

Genesis is who I meant yeah, didn't know anyone got to that one. I call him Evan, 90's kid here so Genesis is Cables son to me. Else Chimera big time, I tried it more than once and every time my snakes just wouldn't work. Speaking of looked at that Mondo Gecko nif...that darn tail. Just don't know what to do with thing. It has a mind of it's own.

windblown

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on February 09, 2020, 01:20:30 AM
I, for one, would love to see some of the supporting characters to a vast variety of heroes, from a modding standpoint. to me, it would be nice to include them as NPC's to help flesh out a story per say. For instance;

Moira MacTaggert, General Ross, Alfred, Jarvis, etc. The list is endless.

You can see Moira at the Hex editing forum. Hope you like it!

Quote from: Jimaras8 on February 16, 2020, 08:40:22 AM
Sidenote: WB, did you get my e-mail? if there is anything else you need me to provide or clarify, let me know. I'm currently on a sabbatica so i have some free time.

Yes, but I couldn't take a look at it. I'll let you know something by the weekend.

BentonGrey

Quote from: SickAlice on February 17, 2020, 04:44:02 PM
Genesis is who I meant yeah, didn't know anyone got to that one. I call him Evan, 90's kid here so Genesis is Cables son to me. Else Chimera big time, I tried it more than once and every time my snakes just wouldn't work. Speaking of looked at that Mondo Gecko nif...that darn tail. Just don't know what to do with thing. It has a mind of it's own.

Haha, those extra appendages are trouble in meshes! 
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Hey WindBlown, I've been wanting to tackle this guy for years, but he's beyond my skill level. While not "Technically" a mutant, he is an X-Villain. Originally created in the early '80s, he was used as a Captain Britain Villain. While the only place I've ever seen him was an old TPB that I have, when I was looking for reference pics online, I found that he has apparently made some more modern appearances in the X-Men books. I'm sure you already have a long list of characters to do (Most likely longer than mine, if I'm ever able to come back), so any consideration that you can give this would be truly appreciated. Thank you.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-fury/4005-14489/

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fury_(Earth-238)

SickAlice

That's a good choice really. I've meant to a Jaspers for a long time that transforms, never been able to move it up in the que though.

windblown

Hey CB, glad to see you contributing! I didn't remember the Fury but, after looking at the link, I think that I've read the comic where he contronted the X-men. I'll put him on the list! (and you're right, it's a big list :P)

windblown

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 14, 2020, 12:58:34 AM
I read "Mondo," and all I think of is this radical reptile, ha:
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mondo_Gecko

I'm afraid that my mutant knowledge tends to end in the 90s, so most of the X characters that I really love have been done.  The main thing that jumps to my mind is the classic and short-lived Jean Grey Marvel Girl costume.  I always thought it was the closest she got to a really distinctive look.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/b/bd/X-Men_Vol_5_1_Artgerm_Virgin_Variant.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190904135528

Other than Jean, I think maybe you could do some cool stuff with classic, 70s Iceman and classic Mimic, but I think everyone else has more interesting suggestions.  :)

I've got something for you at the "What've you skoped lately" thread  :P