Recommendation Request: DYI forum site ?

Started by stumpy, January 30, 2021, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

I am looking for a recommendation for a forum site focused on do-it-yourself projects. At the moment, I am particularly interested in some electrical and wiring topics. But, I'd be interested in forums with good discussions of plumbing, carpentry, etc. as well. Obviously, I am hoping for a friendly forum and one where people aren't just pimping their product or service.

Since FR is what I think of when I think of a friendly and helpful forum and I know many of the folks here are probably doing some DIY stuff themselves, I though I would ask here.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Nyte Dragon

I don't know how friendly the forum is, but you could try..

https://www.doityourself.com/forum/

I started to send you to Adam Savage's forum, then I realized you were wanting ab "at home" type forum.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

stumpy

Thanks, ND. They were one of the top search results. But, I am happier to try them out with a recommendation.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg