News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Board Game Adaptations

Started by Randomdays, January 16, 2021, 02:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Hi All.

I've been working on a bunch of apps over the last few years, trying to adapt some board games into something playable on the Pc or other platforms.
it's a slow process but things are coming along. What I like best about these is that since they're based off of a board games, they're very replayable.

Here's a link to some videos on YouTube, and there's more info for each on the Boardgame Geek site for each game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe3lv97-5KcYVKq_FQzFynA

Anyone who'd like to beta test when they're ready, let me know.

The projects;

1) Fortune and Glory - FanG is a pulp hero game by "Flying Frog" mainly based off of a Indiana Jones premise of travelling the world looking for ancient mystical artifacts against either other players or a group of villains. I started this app mainly to have a  replayable adventure game for Doc Savage. The base game is done as well as most of the two official expansions. More work needs to be done to add things like the player created content for Lost Worlds. Similar to a Bowser based game

2) Barbarian Prince - An early 80's paragraph game with a Conan feel to it. The app is done, came out pretty well, but the copywrite holder has asked me not to release it as they're working on their own app. Tile Based

3) Frontier - A much larger Barbarian Prince inspired sequel. Very far along but not quite ready for beta testing. Tile Based

4) Tales of the Arabian Nights - Another 80's paragraph based board game - About half done, seems stable. Uses the same game engine as Fang

5) A Touch of Evil - A Historical based Horror game also by "Flying Frog" based on similar concepts to Johnny Depp's "Sleepy Hollow" movie. Pick a character and find defeat a monster menacing a town set in the era right after the American revolution.  Almost done and ready for beta testing. Tile based.

6) Star Trek the Adventure Game - another 80's paragraph based board game based on ST TOS. About 20% done, lost of fun to work on making little cut scenes for each adventure. Tile based.

Future releases - Things I like to work on if theses ever get finished - Eldritch Horror, a Cthulu based game; Agents of SMERSCH ,a James Bond themed game;  A Super Hero game, probably the Gotham Board game that's out - converting some of the classic "Choose Your Own Adventure Books" like books over - TSR did some of these based on Marvel Heroes, Conan and Tarzan and there are others out there for  Star Trek, Indiana Jones and James Bond.

BentonGrey

Howdy RD, great to see you back!

I LOVE the Flying Frog tames and would love to test some of those sometime!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Benton,

Mail sent with link to the Fortune and Glory app

BentonGrey

Thanks RD, I've poked around in it a bit, but I'll give it a full play soon.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/