A little levity

Started by Nyte Dragon, January 15, 2021, 08:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyte Dragon

Just a few clips I found on YouTube I thought were funny and wanted to share
         Just the fact that Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, is doing the commercial had me giggling.

I have no words.

Not so much funny, but if you saw the80s toon, this is just cool.

I love Liam O'Brien when he gets silly.

If you have any to share, post 'em! Just keep it within the forum rules.[/list]
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

BentonGrey

A great idea, ND!

Ha, those old commercials must fill me with nostalgia, but yeah, Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen doing the voiceover is great!

Time of My Life:  Wow....just....wow....ha!  What in the world?!  Well, it's certainly memorable!

D&D: Okay, that's cool, weird, and actually a little charming.  What a random property to painstakingly recreate for a car commercial! 

Cuddlefish: Reminds me of Meatball (or whatever his name was) from Aqua Teen.

Here's one I've discovered, "D&D Florida Edition":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW8kYzDNw1I&list=RD_fbMLdCvoe4&index=9
It's part of a series of videos where a group plays unlikely "editions" of D&D and get up to hijinks.  The Florida ones are my favorites, as they are all based on real events, and they are bonkers.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Silver Shocker

They've also done big budget commercials in Brazil for Hulk and Bumblebee.

How fun.

QuoteI love Liam O'Brien when he gets silly.

Liam O'Brian does a really fantastic Gollum imitation for the video game Middle-Earth: Shadow of Modor. You almost wouldn't know it isn't Andy Serkis.

Time of My Life - well that was certainly something. Nice shades.

Pepsi Commercial: Vaccum Cleaner Ate My Pants - One of my all time favorites.

Crash Bandicoot is a massive troll - another childhood fave for me and my buddies:

Crash at Nintendo Headquarters

Crash as a driver

I used to watch stuff like this all the time, but I can't remember a lot of other ones worth sharing at the moment. Maybe lately they'll come to me.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Interesting, ND, I had no idea!

Vacuum: Ha!

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Silver Shocker

I remembered 2 more worth sharing:

- Star Wars and Star Trek, together at last - BUT NOT THE WAY YOU THINK

- Jerry Seinfeld promoting "Bee Movie" by teaching children about bootleg DVDs. This right here is why I still think Seinfeld is funny. I vaguely recall seeing this ad back in the day, but every single time I watch it, it cracks me up due to Jerry's delivery.

Spoiler
"Today we discover counterfeits. Bootlegs. KNOCKOFFS. SOUNDS LIKE FUN, DOES IT? Until you go home, and find out, you've just spent twenty dollars, FOR THIS. ROLL IT!  :roll:
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Haha!  That Star Wars/Trek one is great!
God Bless

Nyte Dragon

Hellboy, Superman, Mantis, and Nebula play D&D [LONG video] - DM'ed by Chris Perkins, it's fun to watch. David and Brandon are both vets, with Pom and Karen are newbies. (Plus go figure Superman plays a Paladin.  :lol: )

Watch Spidey and MJ Lip Sync Battle - An old one, but Tom Holland has some moves.

D&D Insults - When your bard needs some ammo for Vicious Mockery. 

[NSFW]D&D Flirts - No bad language, just suggestive - A little on the adult side, so keep away from little ears.

Zelda Theme -Nothing funny, but still cool. If you like this, she has done other game themes, including Halo, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed.

... and Link Pot Smashing - Back to the funny.

Transformers sing "Immigrant Song" - Arcee can belt out some epic roars!

... and "True Survivor (from Kung Fury)" - If you haven't seen 'Kung Fury' check it out.

Female Armor - What Video Game armor would be like in real life.

Homestar Runner Halloween Hi-Jinks - Some old school HSR!

Stinkoman 20X6 Intro - And 20X6!

⁓Doctor Who

Silver Shocker

I watched some of the ones in your last post:

Link Pot Smashing - wow, what enthusiasm. That looks like a lot of work. As a Zelda fan, I appreciate the attention to detail. The Rupees being impractically large especially amuses me.

Female Armor - Oh no.....anyway....

D&D flirts - how creative. The one at the end was the best one.

Transformers sing "Immigrant Song" - Wow. Nerds make all the coolest stuff, don't they?

Remembered another great one to share!  :thumbup:

Die Hard 2 was on tv today and I remembered this amazing ad. Check it out!
~Rocky Balboa

Nyte Dragon

⁓Doctor Who

BentonGrey

Man, that Die Hard commercial is just awesome!

Ha, the impressions guy is crazy talented!

Haha, I remember that Grouch one.  That's great.

Bat Blood, ha, that works so well....
God Bless

Silver Shocker

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 25, 2021, 07:14:25 PM
Man, that Die Hard commercial is just awesome!

I know right? It's better than the actual 5th movie, and it's a commercial for car batteries of all things! Granted, poor Bruce Willis' voice sounds completely different now, but on the other hand...

Spoiler
Bringing back Argyle and closing up loose ends with Theo is so cool. They definitely put some effort into that one.  :thumbup:
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Yeah!  To bring back pretty much everyone still alive is really impressive, ha. :D
God Bless

Silver Shocker

Would have been cool to see William Atherton and Reginald Vel Johnston, but that might have been pushing it.

Spoiler
I always thought the guy who played Theo would have been a perfect Baxter Stockman back in the day.
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Hmm, you know, he would have been good for that.
God Bless

HarryTrotter

''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Heroes Reborn spoof is pretty fun. Though I'd never seen the original trailer, so it worked as a trailer anyway. Squadron Supreme in the original T-Bolts role? I guess Coulson is still a heel after all. Hmm.

Somebody should do a mashup of other versions of Blade with some of Wesley Snipes' more vulgar lines. I'm sure someone has by now.

I wouldn't mind seeing bloopers of Tim Currey in that series.

"I'm going to the one place they won't be able to find me......*snickers* SPAAAACE!!!  ^_^

Here's one I had on last night that was incredibly entertaining: 12 minutes of Tom Holland and Mark Ruffulo spoiling their MCU movies, while Paul Bettany, Pom Klementieff, Downey and Cumberbatch absolutely roasting poor Tom Holland for it.

The only thing that would make the video better is if they include the date for the movie releases, the trailers, and every bit of footage used to compare.

Spoiler
Tom: [While Pom sits right next to him, smiling and listening and not saying a word] I head a rumour about the fake script stuff, I was reading what I THOUGHT was a fake script, because it's like 'Spider-Man's IN SPACE!' so I didn't finish it...but I found out it was REAL!

Kimmel: I don't even know how to react to what Tom just said there. I mean I really don't.

[Pom snickers]

Tom: What did I say?
Kimmel: You said Spider-Man's in space.
Tom: Oh THAT THING. Right yeah. It's really awesome.
[Pom rolls her eyes, tilts her her head to mock Tom]
Downey: It's like Men in Black, every twenty seconds, we just wipe him. [Everyone laughs]
-------------------------------
Don Cheadle: I'm just going to say that certain things happen to characters for a reason, that's all I'm going to say... [...] [Mark looks very excited and nervous]
Mark: It's never a good thing...
Don Cheadle: I'm just saying...
Mark: In these movies...
Don [turns to Mark] NO.
Interviewer: Do you succeed in saving it?
Mark: Can I say?
Don: NO.
Mark: Can I just give them a little - - a little taste?
Don: I wouldn't say too much, but you can say as much as you - hey, it's your career.
Mark: Let me just say this: like every other Marvel movie, [Don starring daggers at Mark] it doesn't end well for the superheroes.
Interviewer: That's true, in Marvel it doesn't end that well. Someone always bites it or gets really badly hurt.
Mark: Wait until you see this next one. Ha---EVERYBODY DIES.
Don: DU-DU-DUDE! Dude, dude.
Mark: Not everyone. No...was that...
Don: Hey whatever.
Mark: Can we rewind that part?
Don: You'll cut that, right? [...]
Mark: Am I in trouble?
Don: A little.

:roll: Hahaha....oh wow.

If I were the marketing guys, I'd probably have a few of them do an interview where Mark and Tom just have a gag or duck tape or something over their mouth the entire time. Be funny as hell.
Even funnier, Zandaya just dropped a pretty significant spoiler for Spider-Man 3 the other day. No wonder Fury was stringing poor Pete along for the whole movie. :D
I don't know about the rest of it, but I think it's a safe bet Tom showing the poster was a pre-scripted gag.
~Rocky Balboa

Nyte Dragon

An almost total musical clip post...

I love Xander and Bonnie. Xander plays 'X' on a 'Vampire : The Masquerade' streaming RPG and Bonnie plays 'Hopps' on 'Callisto 6'. They are a duo known as the 'Library Bards'

Library Bards - Gandalf

Library Bards - All About That Space (live)

Library Bards - Callisto 6

Library Bards - D&D

Library Bards - Black and Red

These are from an 'Acquisitions Incorporated' game :

Critical Miss Song

Critical Hit Song

A nifty CosPlay Video...

A different Critical Hit song

Spoilers if you haven't seen 'Avengers :EndGame' and Photosensitive Warning...

Snap My Fingers

What happens after the storybook ends?

Happily Ever After?

WARNING NSFW Language warning on the next 3 videos :

Slashstreet Boys - "I'll Kill You That Way"

Slashstrret Boys - "Slashing Bodies"

Slashstrret Boys - "Die By My Knife"

And just a couple clips....

Nightmare Before Critmas - Travis Loses It!

Sometimes a Chair is a Chair
 ⁓Doctor Who

HarryTrotter

QuoteI wouldn't mind seeing bloopers of Tim Currey in that series.
Sadly no Tim,but Red Alert 3 bloopers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWUfm6hm8I

And I think I will have to install the game now.  :)
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

Haha, those are fun.

I can't believe I didn't think of these earlier!  Behold, Predator and Conan the musicals!  These things are WAY more entertaining than they have any right of being!

Predator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlicWUDf5MM
"If it bleeds, we can kill it!"  Haha....man, I would watch this if it were real.

Conan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Also, bonus, Rocky IV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHdpyvayAcw
God Bless

Nyte Dragon

⁓Doctor Who

HarryTrotter

The one where Mark Hamill becomes a cockroach? 😂
I watched the anime back in the day (That would be Guyver the Bio Boosted Armor),but never the movies. I wonder if the manga ever actually finished.
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

I remember renting Guyver because Mark Hamill was in it....and then being so extremely disappointed....

Ha!  I like the 'Things no one says in D&D.  That definitely seems apt for my group, especially about the lack of preparation for spellcasters and folks being late, ha!
God Bless

Nyte Dragon

See, I was the opposite with Guyver. I hated seeing Luke get turned into a Zoanoid, but the cheesy, corniness was what I liked. I love B-Movies and our local rental shop was great about getting them. Granted I don't like total POCs. I'm just weird, lol.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Silver Shocker

QuoteI love B-Movies and our local rental shop was great about getting them. Granted I don't like total POCs. I'm just weird, lol.

As discussed in the "worst movie" thread, nothing wrong with enjoying cheesy or "so bad it's good" content. If you choose the right stuff, get some friends, making get the rum and coke pouring (or whatever kind of drink you like) You can have a good time with it.

Have not actually seen the Guyver. Not really in the live-action Sentai-kind of stuff. The name always makes me think of "Macguyver" (especially this clip from The Simpsons. You know the one) Hamill's name's on the poster, and he doesn't even PLAY the Guyver!
David Hayter's in the second one.  :)
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Tonight on Stargate,Stargate,Stargate...I see somebody in the comments already did that one.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Really? Just cuz it's the same actor?

Yeah, I don't find it that funny. "MACGUYVER!!!" is just way fun more to say. That's one of my favorites.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Silver Shocker on February 23, 2021, 10:15:42 AM
Really? Just cuz it's the same actor?

Yeah, I don't find it that funny. "MACGUYVER!!!" is just way fun more to say. That's one of my favorites.

There is this outtake from SG-1
https://youtu.be/EriZ9ruZq1E

Related,the Mastercard ad
https://youtu.be/Gku0feXPBdM
Jon Farmer

Nyte Dragon

It wasn't the D&D one,  but the other one.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Nyte Dragon

It's cause it's full of bad traits!  :lol:
 ⁓Doctor Who

Nyte Dragon

⁓Doctor Who