News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Vampire Meshes

Started by Jimaras8, January 06, 2021, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Hiya guys, i'm looking for any vampire goon meshes. Basically i'm not looking for the classic cape-wearing, aristocrat type mesh like Dracula or Alucard but a more everyday mesh with vampire animations like a bite or clawed attack. My goal is to give Blade random vampires as canon fodder. Is there anything like that?

detourne_me

Definitely. I think Syn/UnfluffyBunny did a series of Grungey/Raver blade-esque vampires on a hex of TexasJack's Dracula mesh.

Jimaras8

Do you have a link handy dm?  Yahoo Groups no longer work.

detourne_me

Jimaras8

Thanks a lot dm, that's exactly what i was looking for. Btw i remember you made a Hawkguy mesh from the Matt Fraction run for the character. Did you by any chance make a Kate Bishop one with her Fraction costume?

detourne_me

Nope, never did get around to Kate Bishop

Jimaras8

It's ok, you have already provided plenty of skopes for the expansion  :thumbup:.

Regarding the vampire skins do you know if i can make a hero file and have the game select different skins for the same skope randomly? For example the horror_vampire mesh has 10+ skins and i dont want to have Blade fight the same looking vampire. Is there a way to have different skins in-game for the same hero file?

detourne_me

Yup, just use the skin titled "random" or set the skin to 'random' in the hero tool.
That will work for any meshes.

Jimaras8

You mean in the templates section,  right?  I just set the skin into "random"?

detourne_me

i don't know anything about templates.
just set the skin to random in herotool, or name one of the folders in the skins folder random, and choose that skin when you make the character.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 10, 2021, 07:40:28 PM
You mean in the templates section,  right?  I just set the skin into "random"?

If it's a built-in character, yeah, that will work.

Jimaras8

I don't use the hero tool when I'm making the hrs so I'm not familiar with that process.  So if I just add the character to date and then go to ffedit to his template and set the skin name to random will it work or do I need to do anything else?

Conversely if I name a folder random in horror_vampire skins folder and put a bunch of skins in there will that also work?

detourne_me

Oh, for a built-in? Yeah just name it random.

As for you second point, no. Keep your skins each as separate folders in the skins folder. Just rename one of those skins to random and choose that skin when you make the herofile in-game. But if you are fine with built-ins, you don't need to do that.

Jimaras8

Got it.  I will try it tomorrow and see how it goes.  Thanks a lot dm  :thumbup: