News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by BentonGrey, December 26, 2020, 01:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

To one and to all, merry Christmas!  I hope it's a great and safe time for everyone!  I hope and pray this day and this season brings all of y'all joy and peace in this terrible year!  :yipee :yipee
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

Merry Christmas to everyone
Having the site back those days is very fitting and symbolic. I hope you all have great holidays and distract yourselves from this dystopian year  :thumbup:  :thumbup:.

Also Benton, check your emails  :P

Silver Shocker

Hope you guys enjoyed yours.
Sadly, Dec 25, 2020 wasn't much fun. [I went ahead and edited this down, the original post was a quite a bit more of a downer]
On the plus side, I'm currently oddly calm and Xen. Dec 25, 2020 and about half of the 26 for me was unpleasant but late Dec 26 (going into the 27) is pretty cozy and has me in the mood to get some closure in my life and clear the cobwebs out of my poor scatterbrained mind.  :wacko:
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Silver Shocker on December 27, 2020, 06:52:45 AM
Hope you guys enjoyed yours.
Sadly, Dec 25, 2020 wasn't much fun. [I went ahead and edited this down, the original post was a quite a bit more of a downer]
On the plus side, I'm currently oddly calm and Xen. Dec 25, 2020 and about half of the 26 for me was unpleasant but late Dec 26 (going into the 27) is pretty cozy and has me in the mood to get some closure in my life and clear the cobwebs out of my poor scatterbrained mind.  :wacko:
Sorry to hear that. Times are crummy,but it will get better. Something has to change, eventually.
Random,but "May you live in interesting times" are the arc words of Descent of Angels,one of my favorite WH40K books. Ok,its technically Horus Heresy era.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Interesting (as always, I have functionally no working knowledge of Warhammer 40K), but it was likely the release of the Mulan remake that made me think of it, even if I can't remember if the phrase was ever uttered in the original movie (and I'm not watching the new one, so I wouldn't know in that case).
It was ALWAYS meant to be a kind of dark humor, so it seemed extremely appropriate.

Funny thing, FR has an issue (at least for me) where signatures sometimes don't appear, and mine was showing when I read your reply....and then was gone after I posted this reply (and thus this is an edit)
For anyone who's confused (not sure if this happens for anyone else) my current signature reads "May you live in interesting times" and accurately credits the quote as "Alleged Chinese Proverb" (since according to research I did, the original source of the phrase is a subject of debate)
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Its an ancient Terran curse in that context. And considering that protagonists are dealing with their whole way of life changing and their culture dying...
Anyhow,I never played the tabletop game,but I like the universe,and I did read a lot WH40k books. I might be the only person who's not that big on Eisenhorn,but hey,it will be a tv show...
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

SS, I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't a very merry Christmas for you.  I hope that the New Year will bring better things, for you and for all of us.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

gabrielyuri8

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 26, 2020, 01:46:33 AM
To one and to all, merry Christmas!  I hope it's a great and safe time for everyone!  I hope and pray this day and this season brings all of y'all joy and peace in this terrible year!  :yipee :yipee

Merry christimas to everyone too! Unfortunately in Brazil doesn't snow :(

daglob

What is this "snow"  you speak of?