News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

2 FX Questions: Pink textures and Recoloring FX

Started by ZozmaSage, July 26, 2020, 08:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZozmaSage

Hey all! I've been playing around with FFvtTR again and have finally picked up playing around with nifskope and the like. I've no artistic talent to speak of, but I can drop files into GIMP and open the "colorize" feature just fine. I've two FX-related problems, one old and one new, and was hoping for some help.

1. I've two FX that are giving me problems: dark_elemental_sphere and dark_sphere_blast_big. I've seen this sort of thing with some character meshes/textures, but never with a FX. Is there a way to fix it?

https://ibb.co/S7nbNmg

2. I'm trying to recolor some FX but it isn't working. I'm using the sin_blast cone as a base. I copied and renamed the file, created a new FX using FXEdit, found the linked textures with Nifskope, recolored the textures using GIMP, and changed the file path to the recolored textures using Nifskope. But the cone remains the same color.

Changing the original textures seems to change the color just fine, so I figured I'm on the right path. What am I missing?
Never mind, forgot to set the Nif Base in FFEdit :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: ZozmaSage on July 26, 2020, 08:49:28 PM
Hey all! I've been playing around with FFvtTR again and have finally picked up playing around with nifskope and the like. I've no artistic talent to speak of, but I can drop files into GIMP and open the "colorize" feature just fine. I've two FX-related problems, one old and one new, and was hoping for some help.

1. I've two FX that are giving me problems: dark_elemental_sphere and dark_sphere_blast_big. I've seen this sort of thing with some character meshes/textures, but never with a FX. Is there a way to fix it?

https://ibb.co/S7nbNmg

It's quite possible that you are missing a texture.

1.) Open your .Nif File in NifSkope.

2.) Go to "View" in the top left corner.

Spoiler

3.) Go to the bottom setting that says "Block List".

Spoiler

4.) Click on "Show Blocks n List"

Spoiler

5.) If you look under value, you can now see exactly which texture files you need for that .Nif File.

Spoiler

6.) Repeat this for each .Nif until you find the missing texture.

I hope this helps.

ZozmaSage

Thanks very much! Looks like all of the textures are missing. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got them in the first place.

Cyber Burn

Give me a few days (or so) and I'll see what I can come up with.

ZozmaSage

Thanks very much. It was very kind of you to dig this out.