News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FX Duration

Started by BentonGrey, March 09, 2022, 03:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I've been digging into FX for a while, trying to solve their mysteries, but while I've learned a bit, there's still a ton I don't know.  Does anyone know how to increase the duration of an FX?  I'm working on turning Bullet's Hyper Spin AD into a Passive Defense, and the Start.nif is too brief to serve.  Anyone know how to extend it or know if there's a tutorial on the subject someplace?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

What about the core.nif? The core.nif is usually the FX that can be used as a passive defense, since it loops when it ends. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to extend the duration of the start.nif, sorry  :doh:

SickAlice

Late to it sorry but the exact same as any keyframe. FX just have the keyframes built into the Nif. So find NiKeyframeData. It will be under NiKeyframeController which will have a nice flag icon on it. In Nifskope make sure Block Details are set to visible (View > Block Details). Same as keyframes again. Just like keyframes open up the menus and there will be "keys" which contain the position data, visibility as well as the start and stop time. Change the stop time. Make sure to as always that all times match, also go through the Nif and match every NiKeyframeData to the same stop time number. FX often have particle emitters of course. The menu for those is NiPSysEmitterCtlr. You'll want to match all their end times as well.

oktokels

Very Cool Sick Alice  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SickAlice

Took me so long to learn that and you know, how simple it turns out to be makes one go  :doh:
Wish I could answer the one about rotating particles. I did that with Flaming Carrot but then it was all guess work until I got it right. Maybe if I remember how but I do remember that one is a pain anyways because you fly blind, no preview likely off the particle going in Nifskope so you just do it, try and do the math and keep looking until you get it right. But if anyone wants to dig and compare the particle on Carrot was from Toms Red Tornado originally. But I think rotation is a pain period anyways. Way too much math work to
do it manually.

But when I say "just like keyframes" one thing I learned that helped me with everything is it's relative and it's always about those values in that window. The factors in the keys coordinate to the same factors in the models nodes, so on and so forth. And always check everything even if it's a tedious process, those unchecked values or one character off strings are almost always the cause of glitches and crashes.