News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

TAP43's Content

Started by treboart, July 12, 2020, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treboart

Anyone know where they are? I have no idea at all how to navigate the Yahoo Groups anymore and I did see some threads saying that they may not be safe anymore. Anyone considering archiving content at MEGA.nz now?

daglob

Yahoo Groups no longer allows the storage of files. Some of us got as much as we could. Anything in particular you are looking for?

treboart

Was hoping for his Captain Cold and Heatwave.

Speaking off, was also looking for Deadshot, Deathstroke, and Lobo. Last I remember I also got those from Yahoo_Groups some time back.

SickAlice

I still stand that going to an alternate file sharing service is just opening the doors for the same problem again down the line. I think Alex's method of working to move and store everything on locally managed sites is the right way to go about it. Too much chance of those file sharing sites changing their terms of service and ending up losing everything again. I recall how for example Photobucket used to be the go to for sharing screenshots and such for free and then one *blip*.

daglob

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/xkcju00orrra6/for%20treboart

Yeah, what Alice says. Which Deathstroke and Lobo are you looking for?

treboart

Hmmm, yeah that is a good point on moving to a different site.

I think Gren made both the Lobo and Deathstroke. Lobo had a custom mesh with him holding the hook and Deathstroke had both his staff and sword.

EDIT:
I'm also missing Vertex's Deadshot skope for that skin sadly :/

Also unrelated but every now and then AlexFF site isn't working right for me. IE; all the updates disappear and I have no idea why.

EDIT2:
Must've been a regional thing, after using a US VPN I got to the normal site again. Weird.

SickAlice

Try refreshing the site in your browser. He's better at making sites then I am but I know in my case the metadata or whatever doesn't autorefresh on my end so the person on the other end needs to hit the refresh button for updates to show up. Sucks I know, sorry. I'll figure it out someday. And yeah, see what I mean? You're out most of that stuff due to dependency on file hosts. I got lucky to have Cat here and so giving and in my corner, got me away from all that as well those site builder sites that also just poofed out one day. Not knocking using things like Mediafire and Mega as a temp solution either mind you, they are good services for now but I'll place my bets that those sites will in our lifetime change policy and one day those files won't be accessible at least, not without a stiff fee like the Photobucket situation was. Seriously what a stressful thing that was to wake up to. Just with no warning all my family and pet photographs are hijacked and the site sends me an email how I can have them if I pay them monthly. Crooks.

daglob

Quote from: treboart on July 13, 2020, 04:39:46 AM
Hmmm, yeah that is a good point on moving to a different site.

I think Gren made both the Lobo and Deathstroke. Lobo had a custom mesh with him holding the hook and Deathstroke had both his staff and sword.

EDIT:
I'm also missing Vertex's Deadshot skope for that skin sadly :/

Also unrelated but every now and then AlexFF site isn't working right for me. IE; all the updates disappear and I have no idea why.

EDIT2:
Must've been a regional thing, after using a US VPN I got to the normal site again. Weird.

Check that link again.

treboart

SickAlice

Oh wait, right. Brain is a fog, Lobo was by Gni.

daglob

There was one by 3D Master, too, I believe, but it did not have a hook.

treboart

Thanks again!

One last thing. Other than EZFX, what other FX repositories are there? Back then I think I just installed over DCUG and used that as a base for my game but it's not really available.

Anyone have an FX.dat file and Library they can share?

Cyber Burn

DCUG is still available, plus now we also have the Marvel Adventures Mod. Both are excellent repositories of FX, and both can be found here:

https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

Thanks, CB, but the DCUG is actually not available at the moment, as I'm working on the massive update and expansion. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/