A file that does not have male_basic_glow and male_basic_refl WHAT CAN I DO?

Started by heroidosilencio, September 28, 2020, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

Some character files don't have  the part male_basic_glow and male_basic_refl  in the CHARACTER.NIF

When I make a body transplant, the new mesh looks strange. Is it possible to insert a male_basic_glow and male_basic_refl reader in the character.nif even if the transplanted file didn't have it???

daglob

I know there is, although I've never tried it. Cyber Burn may have a copy of the tutorial on it.

What re you trying to do; maybe we can help.

heroidosilencio

hUMMMM. Thank you! I will try to find although It seems that  all the yahoo groups are not working propertly right now.

detourne_me

Here's a short tutorial on what you can do:

• Open the character.nif in Nifskope, be sure to make a backup copy of the original .nif
  • Left-click on the mesh piece you want to add a refl/glow texture to, then look at the Block List
  • Open the NiTriShape branch and left-click on the NiTexturingProperty, This is where you will add your male_basic_glow and male_basic_refl
  • Left-click on the NiSourceTexture that is linked to male_basic.tga
  • Right-Click on NiSourceTexture and go to Block > Copy Branch  - or - Ctrl+C
  • Left-click on the 0 NiNode Scene Root at the top and then right-click > Block > Paste Branch  - or - Ctrl+V
  • A new NiSourceTexture should appear at the bottom of the Block List, Paste another branch so there should be 2 new NiSourceTextures at the bottom of the Block List
  • Double-click on the words male_basic.tga and rename the 2 NiSourceTextures to male_basic_refl.tga and male_basic_glow.tga
  • Go back to the NiTexturingProperty of the NiTriShape you are adding the textures to and left-click on NiTexturing Property
  • Now look at the Block Details for the NiTexturingProperty
  • Where it says "Has Gloss Texture", double click on the value "no" to change it to "yes"
  • "Gloss Texture" underneath now has a branch you can open
  • In the value for the Source, write the number of the NiSourceTexture for male_basic_refl.tga at the bottom of the Block List
  • The NiSourceTexture should move up from the bottom of the list so that it is under the NiTexturingProperty branch of your mesh
  • Then, do the same for glow,
  • Now look at the Block Details for the NiTexturingProperty
  • Where it says "Has Glow Texture", double click on the value "no" to change it to "yes"
  • "Glow Texture" underneath now has a branch you can open
  • In the value for the Source, write the number of the NiSourceTexture for male_basic_glow.tga at the bottom of the Block List
  • The NiSourceTexture should move up from the bottom of the list so that it is under the NiTexturingProperty branch of your mesh
  • Then save your character.nif, you should have glow and refl enabled.

SickAlice

Go with what DM has put down. Seems like a process to look at it but it ends up being a breeze. Mostly you want to avoid transplanting with this and just to do it manually and clean like that to avoid getting things in there from the donor that can screw everything up in the new nif. Lighting and gloss issues in particular happen this way and can be a task to try and undo once it's gone too far.