News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Converting FX

Started by BentonGrey, January 08, 2021, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm trying to fix the  :ff: area FX that have an effect delay in  :ffvstr:, and I'm having trouble.  I've got a guide someone made me on how to do it, but it requires the  :ff: FX get converted, and conversion seems to break them when I use Nifconvert.  Anyone got any solutions or ideas?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Since I'm asking you elsewhere don't quote me but when it comes to character nifs I have problems with some, like many of TJ's for example. When that happens I import them into Blender (unconverted FF1 version) and export the FFVTTR one. Then I open them in Nifskope and fix the settings, usually have the old nif open in another so I can use it as a guide and copy the settings over, mostly the conversion loses lighting values, the omni assignment and adds stencil masks. Again never tried it with FX but if it helps. This was how I got around TJ's Carnage which when converted loses the bone assignments for the static pieces otherwise.

BentonGrey

Man, haha, SA, I'm afraid that seems a bit too complicated for my limited grasp of meshing.  How does one export in FF2 form in Blender?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

It does I know but it isn't. Short version, you import a nif into Blender which is version 2.49 for our games. Export it as  :ffvstr:. The exported nif will have some bad settings so you then open that nif in Nifskope and fix the settings. That's the short of it. If you send me whatever FX I can experiment and see if it works for FX for you, like I said I know it works for character nifs that the converter doesn't recognize.