News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Nifskope version

Started by Podmark, September 07, 2020, 10:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Hi guys, I reformatted my computer recently and took the opportunity to try version version 1.1.3 of Nifskope.
I have a vague memory that only certain Nifskope versions are viable for FF skoping. Is that right? If so what version should I be using?

I tested it with a skope from Windblown and some of the extras are floating way down in the ground. That seems wrong, but maybe I just need to adjust some settings?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Sorry, I was not at home, wasn't able to check before now. I've had issues with more recent versions (some don't work, some have glitch issues, etc) probably because the program is mostly made with other game modding in mind, and so later versions don't really focus on working properly for FF meshes. That said, I know 1.1.3 works (it's the version I've had for forever), and I think I still have the installer somewhere from my own last reboot that I can throw on a file sharing service if it's not on the releases page for nifskope. Just lmk if you need me to look for it.

Podmark

Misread a changelog, it was Nifskope v2 I was using. Found a 1.1.3 link here: https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases/tag/nifskope-1.1.3
I am curious if anyone is using a newer version?

Side question: Windblown's skopes often use dds textures, but the skope often is set to .tga for the parts, and this causes skin to render white in nifskope. I usually just rename the parts to use .dds in the texture block and then it renders. Wondering if there's actually a better way to handle this?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

1.1.3 is the one that I keep using too.

Quote from: Podmark on September 08, 2020, 04:19:08 AM
Side question: Windblown's skopes often use dds textures, but the skope often is set to .tga for the parts, and this causes skin to render white in nifskope. I usually just rename the parts to use .dds in the texture block and then it renders. Wondering if there's actually a better way to handle this?

I think that you can fix it doing this: Render> Settings: mark the "look for alternatives" option that you'll find next to the folder path.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I use a combination of 0.9.1 and 1.1.3. The former has some features that weren't present in later versions and likewise the later that weren't in the former. The earlier one can't handle nifs with FX for example and is poo for keyframes but it retains paths and is better for importing static models.