News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FF/FFv3R Differences

Started by abenavides, June 21, 2020, 03:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

I vaguely recall a thread or 2 outlining the differences between games. Not so muc the mesh formats and DDS, but more game mechanics
i.e. the varying levels of energy, active defenses work differently (I think?),  etc.

Can anyone point me to a good outline of this?
I'm updating hero recipes and wanted to make sure I had the basics in front of me.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

daglob

Quote from: abenavides on June 21, 2020, 03:35:45 AM
I vaguely recall a thread or 2 outlining the differences between games. Not so muc the mesh formats and DDS, but more game mechanics
i.e. the varying levels of energy, active defenses work differently (I think?),  etc.

Can anyone point me to a good outline of this?
I'm updating hero recipes and wanted to make sure I had the basics in front of me.

:D

SuperPoweredYank

Ones I can remember off the top of my head are:

• There are now only three energy levels; Low, Medium, and High. Attacks can be overcharged, but not undercharged.
  • All ranged attacks now have a minimum range.
  • Active defences now have no hit points. To make up for this, there is now a "remove defense" damage type. Active defenses are also now all movable, and can be used remotely on other team members (if this option is ticked, the defense cannot be used on the hero it belongs to).
  • Hero points are now used for a single general "Heroic Revival", which does all actions a Heroic deed could do in :ff:. They can also resurrect defeated team members.
  • There are several new damage types.

Those are the ones I can remember. There might be more.