News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Adventures Continue

Started by Tomato, April 05, 2020, 06:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So yeah, it's a silly comic meant to shill toys, but hey, more dcau content from the guys responsible (dini, timm, Templeton) so that's cool. There's also a really good video breaking everything down and bonus, I'm mentioned in it.

https://youtu.be/i6Kz9hf5We0

SuperPoweredYank

Read the first issue. Seemed like a good start, but also like only half an issue or so. I guess it WAS just 99ยข.

Tomato

My understanding is that it's only like a third of the first issue? They mentioned the first actual comic version is supposed to be 30-something pages, but with what's happening I don't know if they're switching to digital half comics for the whole thing or if the was a promotional thing.

BentonGrey

This actually makes me kind of sad.  I would KILL for more DCAU content from those guys, but I really hate the New Batman Adventrues changes and have zero interest in Jason Todd.  It's like seeing your favorite band get back together, but all they're playing are covers of terrible pop songs....  :(
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Tbf, they're doing weird remixes... We've seen art where Hatter is in his Btas appearance, and other such things, because Ty Templeton just wanted to draw them that way. I dunno if we've seen Joker yet, but I'd hope they go with his JL or BTAS appearance, since no one on the creative side liked the tnba look either.

Also, tbf, Jason's (if that's even him) in like, two panels so far. Most of this "issue" is Batman fighting a giant robot, and also Luthor is there (this is prior to JL, so he's businessman Luthor from STAS) and seems to be more of a Batman/Superman sequel than anything else.

Silver Shocker

You have my curiosity. I may have check out this comic at some point.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Silver Shocker

A Batman Day 2020 free promotional issue of Batman: The Adventures Continue is now available on Comixology, and it's a full 23 pages (with 1 of those pages being the cover and two being ads) so more incentive to check it out if you haven't yet. I'll certainly be reading it at some point.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa