News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Elephant and others

Started by BlackBaron, June 07, 2020, 01:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBaron

Does anyone know of any elephant meshes? Regular or war elephants? Mumakil? Mammoths?

Or any mid to large mammals in general? bears, wild cats ( lions, tigers, cougars etc ), buffalo, bulls/

or even smaller animals, oh heck, just animals in general but especially elephants.

BentonGrey

There are several different animal meshes, including Val's big cat, which has lion and other styles as well.  There's also a wolf and at least one bear, I think.  There are snakes, dogs, eagles....probably a few other things.  I know RandomDays imported a bunch of animal meshes.

I feel like there was an elephant once, but I don't think I have it. 

What all do you want?  If no-one gets stuff to you soon-ish, I can round some things up.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

I think Val's cats & Beyonder's Wolf/dog mesh/hexx are the best ones out there.  But I don't think I ever looked at RD's 'ports (I probably should at some point, maybe give me some more ideas for Snowbird & Changeling).  I know there's a gorilla mesh floating around somewhere.

I know there was an elephant and rhino "meshes", but they were static, and the keyframes applied to them just moved them around in space like a stiff mannequin.  I'd definitely be interested in properly moving meshes of these, as well.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

DoctorRuina

I think that I have an elephant mesh. And I'm interested too in more animal meshes as bears, bats, dogs, cats, hawks... Daglob release a croc mesh the another day.

DoctorRuina

I found these elephant and rhinoceros hexes. But as Panther_Gunn says, they have static animations.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ysg1wdl5c1org2/BB_Elephant.zip/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p52ybjo42y5qi2t/BB_rhinoceros.zip/file

BlackBaron

Quote from: DoctorRuina on June 07, 2020, 03:23:42 PM
I found these elephant and rhinoceros hexes. But as Panther_Gunn says, they have static annimations.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ysg1wdl5c1org2/BB_Elephant.zip/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p52ybjo42y5qi2t/BB_rhinoceros.zip/file

Sorry, wasn't able to get to my game pc for awhile. Just now checking in. Thank you for sharing those. However, they are no longer available via those links. Would you be so kind as to reupload those?

As for other animasl, daGlob had a crocodile for FF1 only. I wold post the link but that's no longer working as well.

SickAlice

Randomdays, I don't know if his links are still up nor where they are but some other members probably do. He went out of his way to do stock animals.

BlackBaron

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 07, 2020, 02:18:39 AM
There are several different animal meshes, including Val's big cat, which has lion and other styles as well.  There's also a wolf and at least one bear, I think.  There are snakes, dogs, eagles....probably a few other things.  I know RandomDays imported a bunch of animal meshes.

I feel like there was an elephant once, but I don't think I have it. 

What all do you want?  If no-one gets stuff to you soon-ish, I can round some things up.

Are you able to round some animals up?

daglob

I keep meaning to look into this; checking the archives of the Yahoo Groups, I can't find the animals. This doesn't surprise me much, since stuff had been disappearing from my groups for months before they pulled the plug. Give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can find.

Later:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/sampdm0t6950m/just%20a%20lot%20of%20animals

Went through FF1 and this is what I have so far. I'm sure I have missed some stuff, and there are probably things in this folder that don't really belong. I'll tackle 3R next.

SickAlice

I'm going to work on a variety of animals by the way if it helps. I set up a bunch of things on my hard drive for it last night. I'm not comfortable with a lack of animals in this game for modders first off and second will need a few of them myself for projects I have planned. They'll be released as they are, most of them on my Mods page which I might end up dividing between props, animals and vehicles.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on June 22, 2020, 08:43:27 PM
I'm going to work on a variety of animals by the way if it helps. I set up a bunch of things on my hard drive for it last night. I'm not comfortable with a lack of animals in this game for modders first off and second will need a few of them myself for projects I have planned. They'll be released as they are, most of them on my Mods page which I might end up dividing between props, animals and vehicles.

:thumbup:

SickAlice

Oh yeah, dizzy head here sorry. So any animals that anyone can rattle off as must haves please do. Generally there's only so many bases to work though Val had a plethora as Transformer alt form that just something weighted to them and to be resized so there aren't many limits, else most animal's are generally based in male basic. Irrationals chicken actually is if you crack it open in Nifskope and look at the bones and weights even.

Randomdays

Necropost - Still in the process of uploading my old stuff - I know I have some animals still to find that I'll try to upload. I just found a bunch of dinosaurs to start off with.

And update - Uploaded I think all the animals I ported over. I also have a rat with a bunch of skins and some custom animations for it. No readme so I don't know who made it. Its got a head toss that might be good for an elephant.

Most of mine were set to Gren's wolf for animations. I remember that I tried working with the various Dinobot meshes that are out there and they turned out to be a bad fit.

Now, I do have some animals from EE2 and EE3 that are nif files to start with, and they come already rigged and with their own kfs. Each kf is a seperate file (one for idle, attack,death, etc) instead of one multifile like with FF. I've tried loading a nif and kf file into Blender and then exporting them out as FF files and renaming, but that hasn't worked.

I wound up just swapping the mesh over to the wolf skeleton and working for there with its kfs.

I had sent a crocodile over to BIL back and the day and he was able to get it work, but he still had to do kf's by hand.

If anyone wants to try, I can send over a nif/kf pack for them to mess with.

Randomdays

So, trying to get some already rigged meshes, incuding an elephant, to work in FF by importing their kfs. Some progress but nothing animated yet. See the thread under Technical issues.

I'm thinking though that if that doesn't work out, Beyonder's Horse might be a good match for the elephant.

RD

Randomdays

Update here, if you haven't seen it.

A working, imported elephant is done, as well as a different crocodile, a kraken and a giant spider. I'm looking to bringing in a bear and octopus soon, among others.

RD