Request for a modified female_basic mesh.

Started by Cybertronian, June 06, 2020, 11:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybertronian

Howdy, y'all.
        I'm looking to create a new heroine to work alongside my avatar, and I have an idea of how I want her to look, but the features are on 2 different meshes.
For my Satellite, I'm looking for

• the chest/torso and arms from Interceptor's fl_smallhead_coquette_noheels mesh
  • the muscular legs and head/hairstyle from DreamerZoid's fb_muscular_hair_dz mesh
I have the meshes, but not the skill or knowledge to skope the needed parts from one mesh onto the other. If someone can either perform the miracle I need, or walk me though the process, please let me know. Thank you.
        -- Cybertronian. :fflogo
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetroplexBattleNetwork -- The new Freedom Force fight club that you DO talk about!

(STILL offering incentives to new and unpatched players, PLUS some of my own FX experiments!)

BentonGrey

Howdy Cybertronian.  I'm thinking that a very skilled skoper MIGHT be able to do that, but I don't actually know if they can use parts of different mesh bodies that way.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

Don't forget to check the permissions list for those two meshes/creators before getting too deep into it.  You might have to use some alternate meshes or recreate the look rather than use them directly.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

Someone might could scale the "bones" (bips? I don't know what else to call them) in the legs and hips to make them heavier. You might be able to use Blender to alter the overall shape of the legs also. I'd try, but am still having problems.

Tomato

There's a way to do it, and I'd be willing to do so... but Panther is correct. While Intercepter is on the list of those who've given their permission to skope, DreamerZoid is not, and I won't make a skope without their permission.

If you want to send me the files ( mygreyhulk100 AT hotmail DOT com ) for both, I'll take a look at them, see if I can track down any alternatives. Offhand, maybe Ink's She Hulk mesh for the legs?

Otherwise, if you have the readmes, you could always try tracking down DreamerZoid via email and seeing if they'll give permission for skopes. I've done so when I'm trying to use someone else's meshes.

daglob

Quote from: Tomato on June 07, 2020, 06:10:48 PM
There's a way to do it, and I'd be willing to do so... but Panther is correct. While Intercepter is on the list of those who've given their permission to skope, DreamerZoid is not, and I won't make a skope without their permission.

If you want to send me the files ( mygreyhulk100 AT hotmail DOT com ) for both, I'll take a look at them, see if I can track down any alternatives. Offhand, maybe Ink's She Hulk mesh for the legs?

Otherwise, if you have the readmes, you could always try tracking down DreamerZoid via email and seeing if they'll give permission for skopes. I've done so when I'm trying to use someone else's meshes.

Your own Female Amazon might work.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Didn't catch this. This is pretty much my cup of tea. I don't visualize well by mesh name, any way you could either cobble together a sketch or find an existing piece of art or something that has the body type? Once I have a reference to work with making a body type is pretty easy. I'm working a tutorial on how that's done by the way as well, hopefully get all that up soon.

The very short version of the process if anyone wants to invest in it is in Nifskope you import one body into the other, open that saved nif in Blender, take the models in Edit mode and start deleting vertices. Like if you want one body top half you'd delete the lower and for the other delete the upper to the point there would be a matching line of vertices in the center. Then in object mode you Combine Objects. Then in Edit mode on your newly combined model you go to the matching line of vertices and two at a time select and merge to get rid of the open seam. Since the models are already weighted to the same skeleton thus animations the rest pretty much works itself out and you can export from there willing the models themselves also line up on the texture. So naturally this doesn't work with say a female_basic and a female mesh by Vertex. Nor most of Gren and JP's modern stuff. The method includes a few more steps at this point.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on July 09, 2020, 11:08:20 AM
Didn't catch this. This is pretty much my cup of tea. I don't visualize well by mesh name, any way you could either cobble together a sketch or find an existing piece of art or something that has the body type? Once I have a reference to work with making a body type is pretty easy. I'm working a tutorial on how that's done by the way as well, hopefully get all that up soon.

The very short version of the process if anyone wants to invest in it is in Nifskope you import one body into the other, open that saved nif in Blender, take the models in Edit mode and start deleting vertices. Like if you want one body top half you'd delete the lower and for the other delete the upper to the point there would be a matching line of vertices in the center. Then in object mode you Combine Objects. Then in Edit mode on your newly combined model you go to the matching line of vertices and two at a time select and merge to get rid of the open seam. Since the models are already weighted to the same skeleton thus animations the rest pretty much works itself out and you can export from there willing the models themselves also line up on the texture. So naturally this doesn't work with say a female_basic and a female mesh by Vertex. Nor most of Gren and JP's modern stuff. The method includes a few more steps at this point.

If you look at the Firebrand (the one that wears a green and red costume) scope I have posted at Freedom Fortress, I took a TV mesh and deleted the legs in Blender, then added the legs with plus-fours. The belt helps hide the evidence.

SickAlice

Right, you get how it's done. If anything another trick I use for that is make a second version of the model and flip to texture coordinates then combine both. That way the texturing shows up on the inside and creates an illusion in game where the seams don't exist.