News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Power costs between FF and FFv3R

Started by abenavides, June 02, 2020, 03:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Updating FF Classic Mod with some fixes and looking at what may be the toughest one:

It seems that cost of powers is quite different between FF and FFv3R.
For example - Strike for Freedom seems to cost 186 per level instead of 102 as in FF

This causes a few issues when trying to do the campaign as you can't progress as expected.

Just wondering if a) this has ever been confirmed?

and b) any ideas on best way to address . (I can up the pts awarded I guess in mission scripts, but wondering if there's a better way, plus I have no idea how much to up rewards  by! )
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Urg, yeah, that's a prickly problem.  Power costs are definitely different, and anything with multiple contacts is WAY more expensive.  Just a random estimate, but maybe increase the point rewards by, say 1.5?  You'll have extra progression for some and less for others, but there probably isn't a way to do it perfectly.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

were there any other situations where a power was required? I only remember Minute Missile being required because that's what the tutorial told you to do.

abenavides

Yeah, Minute missile is the one I got feedback on . Doesn't seem to be possible to buy after Mission 1.
Trying to remember how pts work.
You get prestige by doing objectives and beating foes.
But characters separately get experience pts and when they "level up" they get character pts to spend.

Looking at script for mission 1, I see where they give MM 600 XP. I guess I can just up that amt and see what happens
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

sure, you could try it.

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the mechanics behind getting prestige points at the end of every mission. It's a black box I haven't peered into, lol

BentonGrey

Ohh, here's something else you could do; add an extra experience canister or two every so often.  That would have the same effect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

abenavides

Good idea.

Interestingly, I scanned all the mission scripts for times that the 'AddCP' function was used and it only happens once, in Mission 1. I've changed that line for now and will see if I get more reports of not enough pts, in which case I'll use your suggestion.
www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

I'd maybe go ahead and add at least an extra canister or two, because there will be at least a few powers that are going to be more expensive.  The overall difference shouldn't be too huge, though.
God Bless