News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

NIFconvert

Started by abenavides, May 12, 2020, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Posting here as it's mesh-related .
I'm adding a nifconvert function to EZHERO. It's up and running now but I'm just tweaking usability.

I started by just duplicating what the command line program does - ask for source and dest (and keyframes if you choose) and it makes the new files.
In order to make this more user friendly, I thought, why not just convert the file and leave you a backup of the original (just in case).

This way you just specify the nif (and keyframe) to convert and the program does the rest. less input, faster conversion. Does this sound ok to those of you converting?

Also, I assume a function to convert a folder of nifs would be useful? have to do that next.

I also looked into it a bit more and am going to try something to see if I can get the ghost fix to be included.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Awesome!  Yeah, Alex, that sounds great!  The batch option would definitely be nice.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Agreed, that definitely sounds awesome. If you don't mind me asking, are you still messing around with the other program you were working on, the "AFF New Tech.exe"? I did like that one.

abenavides

Cyber, yeah I plan to add that functionality into EZHERO 4 as well.

On the ghosting - made some progress. I've managed to compile the python script into an exe but when I run it on a character.nif I get an error.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

I honestly have to say that I never figured out the ghosting issue. The pinking issue I didn't have much of an issue with, but I never figured out the ghosting issue.

abenavides

Not sure what you mean? How to run it ? or what causes it?
www.alexff.com

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi, this is awesome news.  For some reason the old nifty converter I have does not seem to work.  I will look forward to this!  Thank you
Io

abenavides

Yes testing it now! (as well as the drag & drop mesh installer)
www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

Awesome!  This sounds like a really nice boon for the community!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/