Is it possible to assign a different animation other than run in speeding bullet

Started by Jimaras8, May 20, 2020, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

So, i have an issue that has been bothering me for a while. Is it possible to assign a different animation to speeding bullet instead of the deafault run one?

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

IIRC, Benton is right, and you should go the FFEdit route. There's no scripting hook for doing this in a usable way.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Jimaras8

Sadly the FFEDIT doesnt work guys. I tried to assign tumble or run_2 to him and he still uses the default run animation.

BentonGrey

Hmm...that's odd.  I thought that would work, though I don't know if I ever tried it.  Are you testing in campaign or RR or Hero screen?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

God Bless

bearded

The only thing close is to use Tumble and assign it a different animation.

bearded

Jimaras8

I already have a tumble attack that uses the bike,  my goal was to have a speeding bullet so Ghost Rider can run them over with the bike quickly and use some damage.  So,  there is no way at all to have the properties of a speeding bullet attack with a different animation than run.

What about an attack that isn't speeding bullet but acts like a speeding bullet?  Basically a fast sprint that causes damage and can use different animations?

bearded

With super jumping, if the distance is really far, the character will do something different, then leap. If you could go into the code you could create a new feat that works. It would be a custom, right click on target, which would trigger movement with any animation, and then you could trigger a power when it reaches the target. I know it would work, 'cause back when I was trying to recreate speeding bullet during flight.

Jimaras8

That sounds interesting but i have no idea how to do it, i havent tired something like that before.

BentonGrey

Hmm...for Ghost Rider, why not just change the run anim to have him on the bike?
God Bless

Jimaras8

That was my first thought Benton but to be completely honest i prefer him being on foot for his standard running and using the bike as a "special tool" for tumble or the speeding bullet.

I know im not making easy for myself haha. Btw, if you could do me a favor, can you check either darkforce_bird or shazam_area to see if they are broken? You can try to convert their end.nif or core.nif for and if EzNifaconvert crashes, they are broken.

spydermann93

It might be tedious, but you could have Ghost Rider shapeshift to a version that uses his bike to run and give it "bike movement powers" like Wall Climbing, Sprint, and Speeding Bullet

Jimaras8

But this version will still move with the bike as the default running animation.

Is it possible to have the bike as the default run animation so the speeding bullet recognizes it but use another animation for his default moving? For example, i rename run_2 which is currently the bike animation to run but use let's say walk as his default moving animation? Can this be done?

spydermann93

No, I don't believe so.

That's why I'm saying you could make a copy of Ghost Rider where he has the bike as his default run so that the Speeding Bullet and Sprint powers work and have your original Ghost Rider use a normal run but not have those Speeding Bullet and Sprint powers.

The shapeshift would be him getting on his bike and using his bike completely while his original "form" will be him without his bike.

You'd still have the issues with the idle and melee_idle animations, though, showing him off of his bike, but I'm not sure what else you could do.

bearded

I've got it. Make the run animation nothing. Then make a running FX and a motorcycle FX and attach them to the powers.

bearded

You make 2 FX. One of GR running. I think you can use one of the tools to separate the running animation as an FX. I can't remember which tool it was, but you export the animation as a seperate .nif and rename it start.nif, then create the FX using ffedit. Then in ffedit, you can change the running FX to this. Do the same thing for the motorcycle animation, and change the Charge FX to this. Make sure there is a blank for the running animation. I'm certain this would work, I did something similar for the Flash.

Jimaras8

Bearded, i kno i'm asking a lot but if i send you the skope could you take a crack at it? I'm not quite good with nifskope yet no matter how hard i try hahah.

X-Man

I think i did something similar to this but i couldn't get an attack out of it. The default sprint for  speeding bullet etc, i couldn't change even in FFEdfit, however tumble you can add to any character and just use a walk animation instead. I think i found a mesh that already had Tumble and just edit the contact types to match ie "leave_hand,  leave_hand_2"  I forget what it exactly is for Tumble.  Since Mr Fantastic had a stretching animation for his run_2. I renamed it Tumble instead, made sure the required nodes where there,  Built the temporary mesh in FFedit with my new tumble/run skill.. Unlimited Range..  don't edit this ability in game if you decided to finish  building him there... just create a copy and not even open the skill to preview if you want to keep the unlimited range.  Now Reed walks normal with his original walk animation,  but his the "stretch to" special ability now uses run_2 as well as Tumble skill etc.  Hope this helps.

Jimaras8

I will try it when i have the time X-man but there is another issue that me and Tomato have. He has been trying for days to add more ranged animations to Dagger_AA from Ms_Marvel_AA and although i see them in the character Tool, they dont appear in-game. I post his skoped keyframes there and i anyone can test the skope and see if the additional three animations appear in-game The normal skope stops at ranged_4. If it appears in-game then the problem is with my version or something like that.

https://mega.nz/file/WVsxWCQa#94pWU8M00GaQy2HUxTCOtsFxYOSfLNivOWA3QF9nK5Y

Jimaras8

X-man just so ican get it straight. Ghost_rider_DM has a tumble animation along with a default run and a run_2 which is the one i want to use, the bike one.So you are basically suggesting that i rename the run_2 animation tumble and transfer the nodes from the ogirinal tumble animation and basically have two tumble animations? Or just one? I'm kinda confused with this part.

detourne_me

Bearded's Idea is ingenious. If I'm following properly, his normal run animation and his tumble animation need to be captured as animated looping .nifs that can be used as an FX. Then his run animation needs to be skoped so that he scales down to almost nothing while he is running.  Then you can show the two different FX for normal running and for a speeding bullet.  have them spawn at 'bottom' I guess so they follow the original mesh exactly.

Jimaras8

It does sound ingenius dm althou8gh i have no idea how to execute it  :P :P.How can you caputre animations as fxs and how do you scale it down to nothing? I havent anything like this before  :D

BentonGrey

God Bless

Jimaras8

I might the only person in the room who hasnt gotten the gist of it yet :P. If anyone could do a step by step for my nifskope-weak mind, i would be grateful   :D. I would love to do it on my own to learn how it's done.

detourne_me

i'm slowly working my way back into the game....
I've been trying to make a core.nif for FX out of a mesh with keyframes built into it,  but I keep getting a solid grey box in the game when I try to assign it as an FX.
Does anyone have any ideas what that means?