News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Mission questions

Started by abenavides, May 08, 2020, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

OK, have FFX running nicely in my mod. Mission 1 is running as intended (since I'm updating an old FF mod, I had to add FF resources as needed, but I have it all set up now).

Couple of questions for anyone:

1. In the top left corner of the screen shown , I see 'JLA001' - this is my mission folder name, but how do I get it to use a name from strings.txt? I have tried this:
mission_jla001, pawns of darkness - part 1

but it doesn't seem to work.

2. Scoring - I never really awarded points in the mod originally, but thought maybe I should update it to .
I added 100 pts for completing each objective in the mission script.
I see 800 points awarded for enemies. I didn't do that explictly. Assume the character are somehow set to this? where do i find this in the dats?
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Howdy Alex, fortuntately, for once I know exactly how to help you.  :D

1) The mission name is set by changing the map name in FFEdit.  You can set it for whatever you want, but obey the usual rules for naming things in FF.  I like nice, clean and official looking names like 01JLA Mars Awakes or 07bat Chasing the Cold. 

2) Your villains and minions can have a prestige value, which you can set in FFEdit.  Go to Templates, and in the attribute overrides, you can set one of the fields to Prestige and set any value you want.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

Thx Benton!
I'll give all that a try.
Now that the basics are all working, hope to set up the remaining missions quickly and start some playtest/balancing.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Awesome Alex!  As always, I'm happy to help modders in any way I can!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/