Various Fx issues Part 2: moving the start.nif closer to the weapon.

Started by Jimaras8, May 03, 2020, 10:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

It looked the same to me from first glance. CB, i dont want to waste your time or energy, i already immensely appreciate the effort. I think the safest way would be isolate the initial sparkles from the start.nif and hide them. Problem solved. Can this be done? If you dont recall which ones they are, you can see my first pic from the three i posted above.

BentonGrey

The simplest thing would be just to delete the start.nif (or create a copy of the FX that has it deleted and have the character use that one).
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 16, 2020, 04:04:08 PM
The simplest thing would be just to delete the start.nif (or create a copy of the FX that has it deleted and have the character use that one).

Agreed

Jimaras8

I thought about that Benton but the thing is only the first part of the start.nif in the first pic has the problem. The rest of the nif with the lightning frame that encompasses the hammer is pretty neat and starts directly from Stormbreaker.

Thats why i only want to isolate the initial sparks thay start off-place.

Jimaras8

I really dont understand why moving the weapon node to a specific point doesnt work. I have tried it with 4 meshes and in-game it starts from the initial point before i moved it. It should hav been pretty easy, you move it on the weapon, you make sure there isnt a second weapon node, you put the fx to start from the weapon node, done. Yet it doesnt work.

Jimaras8

If i create a new node and rename it weapon instead of the original weapon node, do you guys think it might work? If so, how can i create a new node in Nifskope?

naitvalis

I do a similar thing, import an object to the node where you need the fx spawn, then rename it weapon and it work as a start point, you could eventually scale the object to be hidden.

Jimaras8

Nait, that sound like a solid plan but i dont know how to import objects to nifskope or scale them down.

Would it be too much trouble if you write a quick tutorial with steps  :thumbup:? I promise that if i do it correctly once, there wont be a problem afterwards  :lol:.

naitvalis

Ok its pretty simple,
Open the character file, there is a block list column, with all the NiNodes, open one, for example select with the mouse  Bip01 LHand, with that selected go in file on the high left corner of the screen, go on import, import.Obj , select Ok to the question, select an object that you have exported , click open, there you probably see the object now, click on the object imported, now you see that is selected even in the menu, rename it weapon (double click on the name in the menu selection to rename), if you click on the object on the screen with the right mouse button it will open a menu, choose transform, then edit there you could scale and move the object, obviously save the character.nif when done (make a safe copy of your old character before change it. ) Probably the worst tutorial ever but im not to much a tutorial guy.

Jimaras8

Thanks a ton Nait, i will try it and report back. My nifskope skills are very limited so we will see how it goes  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Jim, it seems really intimidating and opaque, but you can develop a decent level of proficiency just by playing around and practicing with it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

I know Benton, it's just that there are so many variables and things i dont understand in coding since English isnt my first language. It's just terrifying  :P. BTw, you got mail  ;)

Jimaras8

Quote from: naitvalis on July 19, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
Ok its pretty simple,
Open the character file, there is a block list column, with all the NiNodes, open one, for example select with the mouse  Bip01 LHand, with that selected go in file on the high left corner of the screen, go on import, import.Obj , select Ok to the question, select an object that you have exported , click open, there you probably see the object now, click on the object imported, now you see that is selected even in the menu, rename it weapon (double click on the name in the menu selection to rename), if you click on the object on the screen with the right mouse button it will open a menu, choose transform, then edit there you could scale and move the object, obviously save the character.nif when done (make a safe copy of your old character before change it. ) Probably the worst tutorial ever but im not to much a tutorial guy.

Nait i have some problems with the imported object. When you say to select an object i have exported, what do you mean? Do i have to select a node from the mesh and export it? Does it have to be a different object? I have tried to export a node like right hand and every time i try to import it back it gives me an error like this:

Error:  12  invalid index(es) in block # 271  NiTriShapeData.Triangles
Error:  93  invalid index(es) in block # 276  NiTriShapeData.Triangles
Error:  20  invalid index(es) in block # 279  NiTriShapeData.Triangles

naitvalis

Ah...looks like i have forget the export phase, ok pick up a mesh, surely you have plenty of characters with capes, open one of them, select the cape ( left mouse click on the cape object in the screen with the model) now go on file in the right upper corner of the screen, click on export, export obj,  reply ok to the question, name your object call it cape for example, save button, if you have a question reply ok, the object is now ready to be imported in another mesh.( Nodes are like points of the "skeleton" of the mesh where you could attach objects), nifskope looks little intimidating at all first but  its very useful and much more simple of a full modelling 3d software .

Jimaras8

Alright, so the cape appeared and it looks like that.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/c6bealsnqdle5b2/Capture_3.PNG/file

The weapon:0 node is the imported object. So do i rename the weapon:0, weapon? And if so what should i name the original weapon node?

naitvalis

Yes rename the object weapon, try the mesh in game with various fx and see if the cape work as a starting point.

Jimaras8

Does the object need to be imported to the node i wajt the fx to start from?

For example if i want to start from right hand do i need to import the cape in the right hand node?

naitvalis

This is how it works in  :ff: you import the object to the node you need  the fx spawned, for being more precise more closer to the point you need, for example if i import to the hand node i need an fx that start from the hand, with the object imported i could adjust the spawn point.(this is how i do, however looks like with some meshes this not work in  :ffvstr:, Spydey and Zozma here helped me in discover this  bug recently in my Orks release, our neighborhood friend also solved it
)