News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Duplicate file names

Started by Panther_Gunn, May 23, 2020, 01:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

I was looking to make some simple color changes to some FX, and while I was checking all of the varients of the file available, I've found that I have a duplicate file name.  In my _textures folder, I have a file, streak_blue_02.tga, and in the art.ff file I've got a file of the same name.  When I look at both of them in Photoshop, they are different shades of blue.  I'm pretty sure it's not something I've done on my own, and can only surmise that the first file was placed there by either FFX or EZFX, but of course I can't be sure.

If the .ff file has a file name that's the same as what's already in the folder but is a different file, how does the game handle that?  I would assume it would consider only one to be the correct file.

Is there any easy way to find what custom FX is using this asset.  I suspect the answer is a hard no, just asking if someone knows of some arcane wizardry I haven't heard of.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

abenavides

I would think the game would use the one in your textures folder first . (like it does for other things such as meshes, interface elements)

To find what nif is using that texture. I think I vaguely recall using Windows search to simply look for the filename (whatever.tga). It might take a while but I think it should return all the nifs that have that string inside. (there may be a few). There may be some setting in Windows File EXplorer that has to be turned on (indexes?) for this search inside files to work. I'll double-check when I get a sec
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.